1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Army for update?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by manbearskink, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

It's my understanding that Empire is next, followed by Dwarfs/Bretts though I'm not sure the order.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Close. Empire are next, but after them is WoC. Not sure why they needed it, but they are definitely after Empire. Hopefully later this year, but with Hobbit coming could be early next year.

3. Cyb3rw0lf
    Skink

Cyb3rw0lf New Member

I've heard a /lot/ of rumors lately concerning the next book and the team for fantasy, some people are saying Phil Kelly is the new head of the WHFB team. If that is the case I would put my money on Dwarves being next. Kelly wrote the VC book and is a Vampire Counts player, which is the army that is currently losing primarily to dwarves (In the shooting phase specifically).

Also concerning the Wood Elves / Brits: I'm also a Wood Elf player and have heard a few things about them in my area and on the Asrai forums, primarily three things:

1. WE are going without a book until 9th and being dropped as an army (Doubtful)
    2. Brits and Wood Elves are being combined into one army (Also Doubtful)
    3. The WE arnt getting a book for at least a year since they are still a technically 'viable' army if you spend a fortune on Treekin and Eternal Guard as well as the fact that they don't sell very well compared to the other armies. (Yeahhh that is probably it)

Brits, well all I've heard is complaints about how annoying that charge formation of theirs is and that people hope its gone next book lol.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

Bret lance formation will never go. It has already been watered down in its current form, it is the one thing that makes Brets unique from Empire. Its also not really that OP, like everything it has weaknesses.

And again, Empire is definitely next in a few months. Then WoC either very late this year (I doubt it personally, but we'll see) or early next year.

5. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

So strange that empire is getting it. IMO, they're pretty balanced and quite competitive. Is it just because their models look really, really dated? Cause that makes sense to me. Wood Elves still look rad.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

Its probably because Empire are a little vanilla and particularly don't have a huge 'come and look at me!' kit to draw attention to them. Yeah they have Steam Tanks, but even thats not so big and impressive compared to recent large kits.

7. Cyb3rw0lf
    Skink

Cyb3rw0lf New Member

Empire is a bunch of humans, they are supposed to be vanilla.... And if they just need some large kit like the Steg w/engine or Mortis Engine its easier to just White Dwarf the thing like they originally did the Terrorgiest.

8. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Plus empire has lots of up to date plastic kits...

Bring back Chaos Dwarfs! :rolleyes:

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Chaos dwarves are available from Forge World now. It is fairly unlikely that GW would update them.

10. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Oh I know, I just couldn't help myself.

11. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Hello,
    My guess is that GW new policy is to "balance" the game, and thats why they are dooing the empire now (allthough apart from the Stank I don't know what is OP in there) and WoCh will be next, because frankly 3+Ward chosen and infernal Puppet just don't fit here:) On the up side maybe they will improve marks?

12. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

This mean Daemons are next 'cause of their new models?

13. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

I do not think that Daemons Army book will be next from what I've read on WarSeer. It looks to just be a wave of new release and re-cast models with some official update loose-leafed insert in this month's White Dwarf.

- Lord Cedric