1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Tag System for Fluff Forum

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Scalenex, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So the fluff forum now has the widest variety of tags of any forum.

Army Fluff: Personal army backgrounds, the backstory for your converted showcase models, and narrative battle reports.

Discussion: Questions, brainstorming, and discussion about the fluff universe of Warhammer Fantasy, Age of Sigmar, 9th Age, Kings of War, really no fantasy universe is technically off limits here. It doesn't have to be Lizardmen though most of our discussions are based on Lizardmen.

Fiction: Short stories, novels, novellas, and poems related to any fantasy game universe.

Tutorial: This category includes anything about writing and drawing that doesn't showcase actual writings or drawings. This also includes fluff discussion of an extremely organized and technical nature such as the Saurian language guide. I would have called it "The Craft" but we kept "Tutorial" so it cross references with the "Tutorial" tag on other forums.

Gallery: Comics, drawings, text lizards. Basically any visual art media that doesn't fit with painting or modeling.

Contest: Contests, both on-going and completed.

Also included are the mod only categories of Index and Announcement. Same as everywhere else.

We didn't actually lose the tags "AoS" "Fantasy" "Ninth Age" and "40K." so they are still options.
    I think 90% of the fluff forum transcends game lines but they came in handy. If you are reviewing the fluff from a specific game line, you should probably use the appropriate tag. If someone wants to solicit ideas for 9th Age fluff specifically, the 9th Age tag is probably the best fit. Same goes if someone wants to make a thread like "Here's all my 40K fluff pieces! or something like that.

By now, I've tagged the vast majority of the fluff forum. I recognize that the lines between the tag categories are blurred. You can always change a tag on your own thread and I'll respect your decision. If you REALLY dislike a tag I've assigned to a thread written by someone other than yourself, you can PM me and I'll change it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Thank you Scalenex and Red Devil for all you do to make the forum a pleasure to explore.

The headings in fluff are all very logical and clear now.

The next challenge will be how to cross reference "fluffy" discussion threads that will appear in the separate game system sub forums back to the fluff forum. Sotek = Dracothion in the AoS discussion springs to mind.

Scalenex and pendrake like this.