1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age New SA staff members

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

After the 0.99 release a lot of you were understandably frustrated and parts of this due to the lack of (active) SA staff members.

What happened following the release was that we fortunately received several good applications.
    So I'm happy to say that we're now fully operational with no less than 3 ABC members and 3 AS members.
    The new AS members are @Haemoglobin and @MOMUS. They've done a wonderful job so far. @Lawot is still there, although he recently told me he's busy atm.
    Our new ABC member is a veteran LM player who've participated in ETC. He's a British player, which imo is great because that gives a good spread of nationality (and this different opinions based on meta).

The new update is no meant for major redesigns, although tweaks are allowed. We'll have to see how it goes :)

airjamy and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

:( I'm afraid small tweaks won't fix our army book.

3. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

They are in a really hard spot I do not envy them at all. I think they will get us some good tweaks that will really help. Now we just have to give them a chance and pour in helpful feedback that is specific with examples :)

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

While I have no intention of playing 9th age, or any variant of 8th, I do want to say congrats to the guys and girls past, present and future who are on the SA team. You took something you enjoyed and refused to let it die.

Good luck to you all and hopefully you can make many successes for the 1.0 version of your game!

Ixt and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I've seen various "redesigns" already so it's not that nothing can happen. Just don't expect complete overhaul of issue X,Y and Z.
    I could see us getting back BP to carnosaurs at a slight increase of points. Perhaps we might see a more gentle solution to the javelins. I wouldn't hold my breath for an overhaul of the disciplines because they so very easily skew balance and the RT will rather go with a better safe than sorry approach. This, however, doesn't mean that we won't see nothing for disciplines, just don't expect something drastic.

I can't tell for sure though :)

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Does "gentle" = "poison" ;)

8. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

I do hope that there is a movement within the ABC BB RT to really make sure that each army has a good book, with decent external AND internal balance. This April release is the tipping point in which people will decide to stay with 9th Age, or move on. If SA is still going to be stuck with stuff like the current Core selection, the downright weird BP nerf and the fact that WoC have better core shooting than SA then yea. It won't go down well.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

very-small.jpg
    YUP! That pretty much sums it up.

Haemoglobin likes this.
  10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I just want to say that the staff is doing an absolutely insane job internally. Looks great. Obviously this doesn't mean that everything will get "fixed", but the better groundwork being done the better the chance for getting a better product :)

11. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

If any of the staff needs me to run numbers or games in testing let me know, I cannot get access to T9A forum except on my phone so I can't post a lot there, but I am able to playtest quite a bit (I will post first wave of feedback in the LO thread soon).

The Red Devil likes this.
  12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Do you have an account on T9A forum?

13. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

Yes I do, I am protector just like on here, haven't made any posts yet as working off a phone is time consuming and I tend to post long items to begin with.

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Just asked to have you added for a special playtesters group that test problematic builds and generally reports back on fun/balance. :)

The Red Devil likes this.