1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member, Here's my contribute to The Great Plan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Janf, Jun 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Hello everybody on Lustria Online!

I am brand new to this site, but I have followed it for some time. I've mostly kept my eyes on painting blogs, alot of which I've found very interesting to observe. Lately I've been inspired to pick up the fine detail brush myself again after a break. Watching this site and several of the member's personal painting logs have really helped in pushing me back into the hobby. I intend to start my own painting blog where I will be looking for tips, tricks and opinions on my reptiles. Any and all feedback, critisim or just thoughts are very much welcome as I believe that all inputs are helpful :)
    This was the important section. If you have time feel free to keep reading. I wrote a section about myself for anyone who's interested in getting to know the painter behind the screen. I do apologies for any mistakes you'll find in my posts. I am not a native english speaker so there are most certainly a lot of clumsy sentences in here :)

About me:
    My name is Jan. I live in Denmark and I am a big Lizard lover (like all of you out there). The wonderful reptiles were my very first army and still is the only army I've ever collected. I started out as a 10-year-old dinosaur fan boy when I fell in love with a box of skink skirmishers from my local bookstore (without knowing anything about Warhammer. I just thought they were cool really). I grew quite fond of painting over the years even though my skill with a brush was absolutely non-existing. As I picked up more units and heroes over time though I eventually got better. This lasted for a good couple of years until I sadly lost passion for the hobby leaving behind a lot of unpainted models. I did not paint for about 6 years until I stumbled upon my old beloved minis when I was cleaning out in some of my old stuff. I felt the nostalgia coming right back to me and I have now again picked up painting and the whole lovely universe that is Warhammer. This was half a year ago and I am still learning new techniques since I never really got any of those down in the first place. I've watched a couple tutorials on youtube though sadly I couldn't find more than a couple involving Lizardmen. I never was much of a painter to begin with and most of my army was just covered in Ice Blue with some red eyes here and there. As I started painting again though I have succesfully experimented with a broader color range ;) The painting scheme I like is very close to the "original" with blue skin and dark blue scales. So if you were hoping for new and original Lizardmen with brand new color schems you will sadly be dissapointed. I love the blue Lizards, so in that way my army is not very unique. I do however put a great effort into every one of my models, so if you appreciate hard work (though not perfect) you will hopefully forgive me for being a sucker for the original GW theme :)
    Speaking of GW, I was quite surprised that the paint range that I remembered was completely replaced (I will miss you Shining Gold!). Furthermore I was even more surprised to see that Warhammer was basically redesigned and renamed as Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Things happen when you're away I guess. Personally I'm not a big fan of the concept, but maybe I'm just not open minded enough. So you will not see any cool space effects, sparkling power armor or circular bases in my painting log. Just good ol' dinos in the jungle! And I will not be referring to my Lizardmen as Seraphons :D It just doesn't seem right to me.

In the upcoming painting log I will show off the models in my army which is of decent size. I will showcase my newer paint schemes and my older ones to have something to compare with. I would love the thoughts and opinions of what you veteran painters think. As far as painting goes I have a unit of Cold Ones, some Saurus Warriors, a Stegadon, Chakax, Lord Kroak and more to make, so check out my upcoming painting log if you're interested in seeing my progress and my contribute to The Great Plan.

BTW, sorry for the long introduction ;)

Kind regards,
    Jan

Warden, Toltecatl, n810 and 6 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your painting blog! Videos for painting the lizards are hard to come by for sure.

Valjeanthebeast and Bracnos like this.
  3. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome 2 in my opinion and probably a lot of people on this board's opinion one of the best sites for this Hobby :) looking forward to seeing your stuff soon

Valjeanthebeast and Bowser like this.
  4. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Bowser and Bracnos! I have checked out both of your painting blogs and I'm very impressed with your work! :)

Valjeanthebeast, Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  5. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

thank you @Janf its nice to hear that :D:D and @Bowser get more of your army up man!!!

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

One of these days! Maybe when I take vacation!

7. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

I can't wait to see your models!
    ;)

SlanntaClause, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  8. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you @Valjeanthebeast! I can't wait to post pictures of them! First post will be up today. I do have a quick question though. From the Home Page I can make a post in "Painting and Converting" but I can also further click within "Painting and Converting" on "Personal Paint Logs" and post there". Where should I post it? :)

9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

We're you wish I have mine in the painting and converting section as do quite a few people

Valjeanthebeast and Janf like this.
  10. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Welcome!
    If you post your stuff on the personal blog stuff you mean that it about all you do, and if in the general painting and converting single models. That how understand it anyways, and you can post it wherever you wish, of course ;)

Janf and Valjeanthebeast like this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, get some pics up and we will comment away ;)

12. Bluefire
    Cold One

Bluefire Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm a bit of a sucker for the GW colour scheme too, Looking forward to seeing your army soon.

13. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

well @Janf if you want to do a paint blog put in the personal,

probably that would be best if you have it on the personal one cocs you seem to have a big line up, and it's easier to view in a single blog!

Can't wait!

Janf likes this.
  14. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

btw I am not a veteran look @Bowser and @Bracnos for that, though if you need any advice on where to buy stuff and/or when to buy it I am quite versed in quality purchases and looking for the right place :)

VTB

Bowser likes this.
  15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria.

16. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

wow thanks for the confidence but i am not a vet on the board yet i have only been on the hobby/ this sight since last October :p

Jorgik likes this.
  17. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

For painting, I started aos last month

(40k for 3yrs, started LotR when i was 6, been in xwing for ages and have done infinity; so tactical master in other fields!)

Bracnos likes this.
  18. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

i have never had a chance to play a game except for 1 game of 8th a few weeks ago (never going back to that group elitist dicks...) and i have been painting since last October

Valjeanthebeast likes this.
  19. Valjeanthebeast
    Saurus

Valjeanthebeast Member

Well, i was considering playing Aos but,to much to take a half an hour to one of two GW in my area, so I stick with buying and solely painting and re-molding models to my like

20. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words @Jorgik, @Crowsfoot and @n810!
    It is nice with a warm welcome :) I think I will post my blog in the personal paintlogs then. Thanks for the advice.

Bracnos and Valjeanthebeast like this.