1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 40k

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Look at the right side, 3 new units, and they all look unusally "blocky". I dunno, they just look funny and a little adorable, maybe i need too see them from different angles too really appreciate them.

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  2. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

The new chaplain looks pretty cool. Not sold on the chunky boys though.

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  3. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

here they are, the new Primaris Aggresors.

[​IMG]

The Reivers are getting their own box with 10 guys in.

[​IMG]

The new chaplain only needs a shotgun, and you got yourself the Punisher. The new Apoth is looking ekstra dope.

[​IMG]

Soxii, Warden, Jorgik and 4 others like this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

"Ekstra dope" = bad :confused: or
    "Ekstra dope" = good :cool:
    :sorry:
    ???

~~~~~

(I seem to have colluded with a language barrier)

Ritual, Aginor and Captaniser like this.
  5. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Language barriers suck, we should all just speak the same language, it would make life so much easier.

Dope basically means cool or awesome. it's a slang word, so even if you're a native english speaker, there is a good chance you wouldn't know what it means.

Just curious, what is your native language?

Aginor and Ritual like this.
  6. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

That Chaplain is awesome! I've always had a soft spot for Chaplains of all flavour and have a small collection of them (even though they're loyalist dirtbags). Feel sorry for those Poxwalkers though!

Aggressors feel a bit too much like a copy/paste of Devastator Centurions to me. I suppose you could justify that they're an advancement of the same technologies incorporated into a MkX platform instead of some kind of weird whatever-the-hell-armour-within-armour centurions are.

Warden, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  7. Wolfwerty33
    Cold One

Wolfwerty33 Active Member

A primarch, a chaplain, twenty-odd heavily armed marines, and two vechiles versus eight/nine Poxwalkers (aka "Nurgle does cannon fodder"). It's so one-sided, Khorne would have issues with it.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...the distraction worked!

9. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

My little men in their boxfort, all they need is a no girlz sign. 20170717_153630.jpg

Soxii, Warden, Ritual and 1 other person like this.
  10. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

GRoSS! "Get Rid of Slimy girlS. I know it's redundant, but otherwise it wouldn't spell anything." -Calvin

Soxii and Ritual like this.
  11. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Concept art for the Primaris Sisters of Battle. Side by side comparison of old Sister of battle and new Primaris Sister.

[​IMG]

Jorgik, Soxii, Ritual and 3 others like this.
  12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Bored already with this nonsense...

The reason the Space Marine vs Poxwalkers picture is so funny is because it shows that the new Primaris Marines will only attack cannon-fodder if they're backed up by over a dozen of their mates, like the Ork Mob Rule. :p

Let's call it the Battle Company Rule:
    A Primaris Space Marine with all his mates behind him is much more threatening than just one with his half-wit mate Cassius trailing alongside him!
    Primaris Space Marines receive Fearless when they're in units of 10 or more and they're up against a unit with a Strength of 3 or less.

Ritual, NIGHTBRINGER and Warden like this.
  13. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am drinking the cool aid and picking up the dark imperium box after pay day and selling off the DG and rule book. I figure if you can beat em join em... I'm not having another AoS situation where I watch releases come out month after month with nothing for my army!

There are three certainties in this world... Death, taxes, and space marines/sigmar marines.

Jorgik and Padre like this.
  14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I think the Start Collecting Fyreslayers box would be a better investment for me...

Ritual likes this.
  15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I might be interested in those DG if you sell them.

Ritual likes this.
  16. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Sure, going rate looks like 35-40 posted, so I'll do £30 posted for friends. Just let me know before the end of the month when i go on my shopping spree.

17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Sounds like a deal to me.

Ritual likes this.
  18. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Is it me, or if you gave the primaris chaplain a massive floppy hat and a furry trim to his robes, he'd be one heck of a pimp with that power cane of his? (Really want to see someone photoshop that now...)

Ritual likes this.
  19. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Truth. I've seen a very impressive Fabius Bile conversion where he was given a feather hat from an old Empire kit, painted in appropriate pimp-purple and a hefty amount of gold. Very tempted to do it with mine...

Pre-order date for CSM codex is next weekend! Very excited about that. We get similar treatment to Space Marines...
    - 45 Datasheets covering the Chaos Space Marine range
    - 8 Legion specific traits (Death Guard not included for obvious reasons), plus 1 for Renegade Chapters
    - 24 Stratagems (7 of which are Legion-specific)
    - 6 Warlord Traits, plus 7 Legion-specific ones
    - Expanded Hereticus powers including god-specific choices
    - 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines

A few things stand out for me. First is that there's rules for 8 of the 9 Traitor Legions. This probably means that Thousand Sons will be rolled into the Chaos Space Marine codex rather than get their own release, which is a little disappointing. They've always been an army apart from the core Chaos army, as distinct and different from Chaos Space Marines as the Space Wolves are from Space Marines. I think it would have been better to leave Thousand Sons in the Index and give them a full codex in the future.

Second, only 7 Legions get their own Warlord traits and Stratagems. I'd guess this is because Black Legion are fairly generic.

Third, and most curious to me, is that it has 10 less Datasheets than the Heretic Astartes list in the Index. The Deathguard stuff will go (except maybe Plague Marines), so that makes 6 less. Assuming we're going to get the Space Marine treatment and lose characters on bikes and Steeds due to the whole "no model, no rules" thing that's another 9. But that doesn't add up? Does this mean we get to keep Daemonic steeds or bikes? Are Cypher and Fallen going to be in the codex? Or an even more exciting possibility - will we get entirely new units?

I was on the fence about the whole codex thing, but now I'm eagerly anticipating it!

Wolfwerty33, Warden and Ritual like this.
  20. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Silence...

Ritual likes this.