1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Neoanomally's Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by neoanomally, Jun 16, 2015.

1. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Over a year ago my friends and I decided to get into WHF. Unfortunately, none of us have yet to play. I haven't been painting long; however I fell in love with the painting aspect of the hobby! My first attempt really sucked, so I practiced on several Zombicide Miniatures to practice. As of June 2015 I have painted: Saurus Warrios, Skinks, Saurus Cavalry, Temple Guard and Skink Priest. I'm about to start working on an Ancient Stegadon, which I'm very excited about. I will post pictures of what I have done and then follow up with every unit up to date and then post as I complete more. :)

Attached Files:

Bowser and n810 like this.
  2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Hey! I just mentioned you should make one of these, haha. Looks like a great start to your army. Can't tell too much detail from that pic, but they look like they have a great tabletop appearance. Looking forward to the rest!

neoanomally likes this.
  3. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

The very first 3 models I painted were the Temple Guards. I realized how bad they were and practiced on zombicide minis. Then I went on to work on the Saurus Warriors. I finished up the rest of the Temple Guard as I built confidence. Next, I painted the Skink Priest. I did the 24 skinks after the priest. Then Oxyotl. The Saurus Cavalry are the last models that I painted.

20150614_171846.jpg 20150614_171912.jpg 20150616_211132.jpg 20150616_211139.jpg 20150616_211145.jpg 20150616_211338.jpg 20150616_211516.jpg

Attached Files:

Warden, Bowser, Scalenex and 2 others like this.
  4. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Mostly base coated. This is the first big mini I have tried to paint. Taking far longer than I imagined :)

Attached Files:

Crowsfoot and n810 like this.
  5. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Finished painting and basing the Stegadon. This is the largest model that I have painted. I tried to do something different that what I have done in the past with basing. Included a Korne bloodreaver head

Attached Files:

Bracnos, Bowser, n810 and 1 other person like this.
  6. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

All but one of the skinks is finished. I got impatient because im ready to move to something else.

Attached Files:

Warden, Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm loving the purple Steg. Great job! So what is you next project?

8. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Thanks! I am happy with the scales, but the skin looks almost too much like grape laffy taffy, but still pleased since this is the biggest miniature that I have done.

I have a Slaan primed on my desk at home! I am very excited to paint him due to all the nice detail on his chair and on the miniature itself. I am going to wait a week or two to actually start him. Since I started painting 1.5 years ago, I have painted about 60 models, mostly skins and saurus warriors. I am still learning how to thin my paints for different techniques. I'm still trying to grasp layering and glazing consistently, which I learned painting the Stegadon and his skink handlers. After my struggles with the Stegadon, I'm going to practice on some cheap miniatures that I picked up at FLHS.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Can't wait to see how the Slann turns out! This is a great looking army!

10. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Took a break from lizardmen to fight some bad guys

Attached Files:

Warden, n810, Crowsfoot and 2 others like this.
  11. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Those baddies look pretty good.

Also a fan of the purple stegadon.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Got my first seraphon done since moving to the boston area

Attached Files:

13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This looks so awesome! I really like that vibrant blue! You've got lots of great detail here! Great looking model!

SlanntaClause likes this.
  14. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Thanks for the support!! I feel like this is the first model ive tried different techniques (glazes specifically on his stomach). Due to the models price i spent far more time than any other model. I need to do some more touch ups and finish his seat, but i was very satisfied with the results!

Bowser likes this.
  15. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Looks really nice! The only thing I´d suggest is pushing the shading darker on the blue skin. Otherwise excellent job!

Rikus and Bowser like this.
  16. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Thanks for the suggestion!! I was actually thinking about that last night. The spot where I know it needed more shading was definitely the fingers. I feel like I have been doing okay with my highlights, but I'm terrible with my shading capabilities. I have purposely been working with a smaller set of paints to force myself to mix paint and think about the color wheel. I need to experiment more with shading. I think I might practice some shading on another model before pushing this one though!

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Fingers and gold would benefit from shade, use seraphim sepia on the gold and use a dark blue for the fingers apply it as a wash but use a detail brush and apply where needed.

Looks fantastic so far ;)

Rikus and Bowser like this.