1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need to stop losing, allies?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Grayson Halladay, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Grayson Halladay
    Jungle Swarm

Grayson Halladay New Member

I'm considering adding a knight-heardor and 6 prosecutors to a mixed seraphon army, something like this for 2k.

Allegiance: Order
    Leaders
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Vast Intellect
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    - War Spear
    - Artefact : Blade of Realities
    Knight-Heraldor (120)
    Units
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    -Spears
    40 x Skinks (200)
    -Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (200)
    Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Total: 1980 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4
    Wounds: 139

Either subbing out a unit of prosecutors woth a priest or starpriest.

I keep losing because I can't take out any of my opponents leaders that buff. Recently Smoked by a khorne list that has a 2+ save bloodsecrator that he parked behind some terrain our of basti range, and others that gave the stupid reavers like 36 attacks on one unit.

I'm just trying to loose less, hopefully by getting more reliable range and mortal wounds.

Captaniser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

I dont mean to be hars. But your army looks like it’s pulled together from each unit without real synergies. I dont think the allies you propose are the best at hero sniping

Have you tried a battallion, such as Thunderquake? With two bastiladons firing at a hero should take most out. Or a shadowstrike is you have the models. I would focus your list a bit more on synergies and/or battalions. That could help alot!

Buldi and Captaniser like this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

To be honest I don't really see the tactic in that list.
    Can you describe your play style? I think that there are quite some options in our army without having to use allies.

4. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

I have to echo the others, our army really relies on synergies which that list is lacking. Personally my play style is counter attacking, what do you feel yours is? And what else do you have to chose from?

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Grayson Halladay
    Jungle Swarm

Yeah and that's fair, I have never played the well documented seraphon lists mentioned here (kroaknado, thunderquake, and shadowstrike) mostly becuase i dont have the models and while i know other seraphon players, there is not one around regularly that i can bounce things off of.

I do understand we need synergies, i have a couple other lists with an astrolith bearer, skink priest/starpriest and other things that have fared ok, but still not great.

I do play very defensively, which is what I figured the prosecutors could help with, being an 30" effective range on them, and in most situations there is atleast one unit in range of a terrain peice that could use D3 MWs. plus the buff of run and charge on the prosecutors. It may be an addition to an army but i may need to find a solid 1640pts of seraphon first.

good advice all around, but if thats the consensus I may just buy another basiladon, as it saves $10 from a box of prosecutors if it doesnt seem like this would be beneficial.

6. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

You almost have an thunderquake. What other models do you have? Maybe we can think of something

Captaniser likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

List your current models for us and we may be able to create you a decent list :)

Captaniser and IggyStarhost like this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Don't be disappointed from the losses. Seraphon happen to be one of the toughest armies out there. My first three months I only had major losses ( I was training with one of the best players though so that made sense anyways haha ) literally. And then, at my first tournament ended up 4rth and then 3rd.

We are not an easy mode nor totally OP army like Tzeentch, I am not saying you're gonna be winning most of the time or anything, but I can reassure you that once you start unlocking our armys' depth, things totally do change. Still needs way too much focus and is one of the less forgiving armies as we are synergy dependant and 1 rock falling apart can end up on a avalanche.

HOWEVER once you get the hang of it, there will be no army that "will definitely" dominate you. In fact we are one of the few armies that doesn't have a HUGE weakness in our all around lists *although admittedly we have quite some less important.

My suggestion : Read the warscrolls again and again at eventless moments. You 'll be like "Oh, so there's also that" or " How didn't I realise this use of this ability before?" :p

** I never myself played anykind of Kroak list yet, been working with Sunclaw, Heavenswatch, Shadowstrike, Bloodclaw and Dracothion Tail *so many lists to be tested !

*** go for pure Seraphon lists. As we are synergy dependant, an ally most of the time cripples our maximum power unless it is specifically built around such an idea ! Just keep working on our warscrolls and things will greatly improve !

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. Grayson Halladay
    Jungle Swarm

Let's see, lots, a lot of my stuff is built one way but I've never had a problem with opponents and subbing for variations.
    Carno w/ hero
    Basti
    EotG
    Slann
    20+ knights with one as scarvet on cold-one
    40 warriors
    16 guard, one used as EW
    44 skinks
    A skink priest/starpriest conversion
    An Astrolith conversion
    Salamander + handlers
    15 chamo skinks

I'm sure I'm missing something but that's what I got

Captaniser likes this.
  10. Grayson Halladay
    Jungle Swarm

I definitely have been since I posted this thread. Weighing points vs options a lot in my head. Another game tonight so we'll see how i did

Captaniser and Seraphage like this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Get another Basilidon or Stegadon and play thunderquake

Captaniser and IggyStarhost like this.
  12. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Jups, go for another basti!

Buldi and Captaniser like this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

That can be fixed.
    Buff the basti, then teleport it in a place where it can see and shoot the hidden leaders.
    lack of LoS is not a big issue when you can teleport.

that said, a hundred points of Prosecutors with Javelins is not a bad support