1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help building a shooting based army from 1500 points

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Uberdavid, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Uberdavid
    Jungle Swarm

Uberdavid New Member

I've always wanted to make a range based army, but was never really sure what to put in it. Is the Saurus-Scar veteran + 40 Saurus pack worth it? How many Bastiladons are too many Bastiladons? Stegadon or EotG? Is it worth to bring an Astrolith bearer? Is the Shadowstrike starhost a great addition? These are my main concerns, and I'm curious about your inputs. For the sake of using examples, here are my current units:

- Slann Starmaster 1x
    - Saurus Old-blood or Scar-veteran on Carno 1x
    - Saurus Scar-veteran on Cold One 1x
    - Stegadon or Engine 1x
    - Bastiladon 1x
    - Salamanders 2x
    - Skink Handlers 3x
    - Skink Priests 2x
    - Skink Starpriest 1x
    - Saurus Astrolith Bearer 1x
    - Ripperdactyls 3x
    - Skinks 20x
    - Saurus Warriors 40x
    - Saurus Knights 7x

Thank you for your guys' help in advance! <3

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Seraphon are not blessed with the best ranged units but you would be looking at,

2 Basilidons with laser
    Shadowstrike
    Skinks
    Astrolith bearer

But with the addition of our teleport ability you can deep strike with almost any unit.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yes. 40 Saurus Warriors, well buffed, are quite scary.
    No such thing. :D
    Ok seriously. Three is too much. Two is great, many good lists only make list of one though, those things are damn expensive.
    Depends. I personally use EotG only in a Thunderquake (and not even then sometimes). Many people like it though. I prefer a regular Stegadon with bow.
    Short answer: yes. Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS. I love him. You don't need him for every list, but every list profits from him, except if you plan to spread widely across the board.
    Yes. It is a strong bataillon. Not for a Saurus heavy army though. Most people kinda decide between Saurus heavy and Skink heavy for their armies, and Shadowstrike is mainly a Skink thing.

4. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Hey Uberdavid, I would take a look at @LordRibbit 's list. It has some of the better Seraphon shooting units in it with a great starhost. Obviously you are playing at 1500 so running the full Starhost may be difficult. Slann combined with EoTG is Seraphon's main Mortal Wound machine and then he rounds out the shooting with the Razordons (great against light infantry) and Bastiladon (great against high wound, high save models). They all complement each other in what they can shoot. I love Chameleon skinks for their movement but it's hard to get a lot out of their shooting. Sallies are useful as well, but can be unreliable. That is why most people go with Razordons, more reliable and predictable output.

At 1500 I wouldnt put more than 2 Basties in my list. You still need enough Skinks to take objectives. Objectives win games!

Slann, Great Rememberer
    Starseer, Incandescent Retrices
    Skink Priest, Priestly Trappings, Celestial Rites
    Skink Starpriest
    Engine of the Gods, Coronial Shield

20 Skinks with blowpipes and shields
    10 Skinks with blowpipes and shields
    10 Skinks with blowpipes and shields

2 x Bastiladons with Solar Engines
    4 x Razordons

Heavenswatch starhost

2000pts