1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Art KS Campaign

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SlanntaClause, Jul 1, 2017.

1. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Ritual likes this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I am guessing the artist has already done hundreds of sketches? Does it promise each backer will get a different, unique sketch?

Ritual and SlanntaClause like this.
  3. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I'm not sure if she's done them yet or in the process of doing them or will start them when they are ended - but they will all be unique I'm sure because they're all original pieces, your not just getting a printed copy its original art for a really great price and the mystery element is fun :).

Ritual likes this.
  4. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

So she'll be losing money with international shipping... Sounds like yet another poorly thought KS to me!

5. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Not necessarily the pieces are nice and small and shipping can cost pennies - also for an artist even if she were to lose money to reach a wider audience gains more money further down the line by making connections and contacts and getting yourself out there. Also the campaign is about fun and mystery if it were a profit grinding machine she might well have just sold prints of art its about giving something out there to the world spreading a bit of love, normally this community is appreciative of this.

Ritual likes this.
  6. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I think it's a decent basic idea.

However cheapest overseas postage from Australia to Europe or US is $2.95.

Kickstarter take 5%. On pledges under $10 the payment gateway will also be taking 5% + $0.05 - so she'll be taking in $0.85 per pledge, losing $2.10 per thing.

So far the Kickstarter has cost her over $6000 if that is the case. Still sound like a good idea?