1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by mousekiller, May 1, 2016.

1. mousekiller
    Saurus

mousekiller Well-Known Member

ARMIES OF DESTRUCTION:

Quickly stealing an apple from a street vendor, the young boy around the age of 11 ducked into a dark alley to further escape notice. It was easy in this city full of people, easy to survive in the streets and the help forget the life he had left behind. The son of a drunk farmer who was fond of beating the boy, fond of trying to forget his wife and they boys mother who had passed on. The memory would never leave the old man, but the boy would have no more of it. Now though, he was a man, a man free to do as he wished and to live the city life. Just as he sat to begin enjoying his plump apple, the sky opened up in a torrent of rain. Looking around for cover he spotted the small opening to the city sewer, and crawled in. What he found was amazing, a vast array of large tunnels and drainage ditches. The boy snatched a glowing torch from a wall and wandered deeper, thinking that the deeper he went the less likely he would be to find anyone else and a good place to sleep for the night. The smell really was not that bad compared to the pig and horse manure he used to shovel on the farm. Finally, he felt secure enough and decided it was time to settle in. Checking his pouch to ensure that he had the small bit of flint to relight the torch later, he extinguished it. Falling asleep, he awoke a short time later to a sharp noise, like the sound of rats skittering around. Floundering for his flint he finally got a spark and relit the torch. Red eyes appeared all around him, large rat like creatures snarling when the torch lit. It would be the last thing the boy ever did, as dozens of vermin pounced on him and tore the boy to pieces.

WHAT IS FINISHED SO FAR:

ORCS AND GOBLIN ARMY
    SKARSNIK AND GOBBLA
    SKEEZER, BIG BOSS
    SNOTGIT, SHAMAN
    32 SPEARGOBBOS
    20 NIGHTGOBBOS
    20 BOWGOBBOS
    SPEAR CHUKKA
    3 SNOTLING SWARMS
    5 SQUIG HOPPERS
    SQUIG HERD
    3 HILL TROLLS

OGRE KINGDOMS ARMY
    Galf Tradebasher
    The Bashers, 4 Ogres

SKAVEN ARMY

Ok, so this week I have been very busy, with everything except painting! This update is only partial, I promise to come back and give you the rest of the Armies of Destruction in the next few days. For now, check out the Hungry Giant in most of his glory, lots of shots.

So, here is the update on the Giant. What have I done... washed the skin, I think the skin still bothers me. Not blended well enough I think. Also, gave the scales a wash... I think what I want to do with them is add a few browner ones into the green to give it some variation. Also, added the beginnings of rust to the chain. Added some yellow to the two humans, I think I like how that came out. Honestly, what I really need to do is just concentrate on him in quadrants and just get him done already!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER, n810 and 6 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This giant is hilarious! Run little man!
    The patchwork clothes look amazing!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Love how you posed this guy.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great colour work throughout... lovely job.

5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

That big guy looks hungry! ;)

6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

The giant looks amazing! Everything from the masonry club to the poor dudes being stuffed in his pants... beautiful as always!

Any thoughts about the sky titans???

Bowser likes this.
  7. mousekiller
    Saurus

Ok, I promised an update last week, but I finally got around to taking some pictures. I have some Neutral armies updates as well, but life has gotten very hectic lately. My wife was in the hospital for three days this past week, we thought the baby might be coming a little earlier than expected! Thankfully, this did not happen and she is now on bed rest at home.

Anyway, enough about the real world! I sculpted a bit around the tree trunk and painted a bit of the base repair job I did. Also, I worked the body a little more... hopefully you can see a difference. Added a yellow glaze, which I think gave the skin that touch I was looking for.

Manufacturer: Forge World
    Sculptor: Unknown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Bowser @n810 @NIGHTBRINGER @tom ndege @Warden Thanks all!

Warden, Bowser and n810 like this.
  8. mousekiller
    Saurus

@Warden Yes, I think that they tie very nicely into the overall theme! I think that to destroy a race as big as the Sky Titans you would need a very powerful force indeed. After the last Tomb Kings update, I started to think about the concept a lot, and now I really believe that the Tomb Kings and Lizards will be tied a lot closer together than I originally thought.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  9. mousekiller
    Saurus

Ok, I promised an update last week, but I finally got around to taking some pictures. I have some Neutral armies updates as well, but life has gotten very hectic lately. My wife was in the hospital for three days this past week, we thought the baby might be coming a little earlier than expected! Thankfully, this did not happen and she is now on bed rest at home.

Anyway, enough about the real world! I sculpted a bit around the tree trunk and painted a bit of the base repair job I did. Also, I worked the body a little more... hopefully you can see a difference. Added a yellow glaze, which I think gave the skin that touch I was looking for.

Manufacturer: Forge World
    Sculptor: Unknown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Bowser @n810 @NIGHTBRINGER @tom ndege Thanks guys!

tom ndege, Bowser and n810 like this.
  10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Just Amazing Killer. :eek:

11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

My friend just got one of these! I will definitely be showing him this for inspiration! So greatly detailed from the gums to the wounds and scratches to the puss filled pox sores. This looks so good. Brilliant work here!

12. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

There are people who can put paint on miniatures (me) and people who can paint miniatures (obviously)! ;)