1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Malzareth's Legion (All my Lizards)

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Kor-Lot-Ko, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

So I did a little painting today and figured that it was about time I show my army to you guys.
    Here's the guy I was working on today. 20160715_185518.jpg
    My Bastilodon. I finally got around to painting up the top part of his solar engine, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. All that's left now is to paint up the last skink rider. This was also the first time I tried edge highlighting anything I painted, in this case the crystals, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll put up more pictures of him, as well as the rest of my painted miniatures at a later date. For now, enjoy.

Warden, tom ndege, Jorgik and 4 others like this.
  2. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Really nicely done the colour scheme reminds me of @Bowser the orange bits - I like how the skink colour scheme matches the bastilion and how that provides them justifiable camouflage :D

Warden, Bowser and Kor-Lot-Ko like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks awesome! I really like the colours you've chosen here!

Kor-Lot-Ko likes this.
  4. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

Thanks for the compliments! My rational behind the color scheme is that skinks who ride/herd different beasts all have similar spawn markings (all terradon riders have blue crests, steggadon handlers have yellow markings, etc), in this case the orange around their crests, and riders will give their mounts watpaint that echoes their markings, so that they can be closer to their mounts. I did the same thing with my terradon riders and plan to do it with my (eventual) stegadon.

SlanntaClause, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Cool colour scheme!

Kor-Lot-Ko likes this.
  6. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

Here's another of my favourite models, my kitbashed Scar Vet BSB with Great weapon on cold one. 20160716_175251.jpg 20160716_175229.jpg
    I made this guy from a normal cold one rider and various parts from the Saurus Warriors kit.

7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like the great weapon, very simple but effective conversion.

Moar pictures!

Kor-Lot-Ko likes this.
  8. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

Here are some more reptiles, in this instance my Flight of Teradons, The Darting Stars 20160717_203821.jpg
    20160717_203832.jpg
    20160717_203848.jpg

This is Drakx, the flight's sky-leader. As the eldest of the three flyers, he has the right of giving his mount more extravagant war-paint then his spawn-brothers.
    20160717_203901.jpg
    Farq, the Second in comand. He's a slightly better thrower than Drakx, but his teradon is notably less inclined to combat-hence why Farq is better at throwing his javalin.
    20160717_203915.jpg
    Serat, the last memeber. His teradon is the most bloodthirsty of the three, and often has to be reined in to prevent it making suicidal charges at the enemy. The group suspects that Malzareth had a stray thought about riperdactyls when he was remembering Serat's mount, and imbued the creature with some of their anger and hunger.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The war paint on the Terradons is brilliant. The back story is even better! Great looking models for sure.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  10. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

I like the palette and backstory that you're working on here. I think the skin on the basti came out great!

Im far from a master, so go ahead and take the following with a grain of salt: My suggestion for the next minis you work on is to thin your paints a little bit. It helps the colors blend a little better and makes the color layering easier. Additionally, I might be blind and am missing it, but I would also look into washes! It's an easy way to shade your army and produces results without too much hassle. Gonna butcher the spelling on these, but I'd use Drakenoff Nightshade for the blues, Druuchi Violet for the purples, and an agrax earthshade for the greens and tans!

Anyway, keep up the good work! Looking forward to more!

Bowser likes this.