1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for "3rd Party" minis

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by MilesTheMighty, Apr 19, 2018.

1. MilesTheMighty
    Jungle Swarm

MilesTheMighty New Member

I know calling them 3rd party is a bit ridiculous now that this community spans Age of Sigmar, Kings of War, and the 9th Age, but what are some good non-GW, non-Mantic, non-Avatars minis? Everything I've found so far has been old and dumpy and metal.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

There are quite some small and larger companies on the market, producing a wide range of miniatures, of very different styles.
    What are you searching for specifically? Maybe we can find something that fits.

3. MilesTheMighty
    Jungle Swarm

MilesTheMighty New Member

That's a fair point. On one hand I'm always interested in figs that could be heroes/champions just so they stand out more. Maybe an Astrolith bearer, or Old Blood on foot for Age of Sigmar. Also I've been trying to find an alternate mini that I can (with some work) convert into the other rider for my Carnosaur. So anything that could be a Scar Vet.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

What specifically are you looking for? Furthermore are you looking for metal plastic resin or a mixture of the above?

I style myself on the form as the master of threads about third-party manufacturers of miniatures. If you need help finding a specific figure I will be there to answer any questions you may have

6. MacSquiddles
    Skink

MacSquiddles Member

Might be worth a mention, the game "monsterpocalypse" had a faction called terrasaurs. I believe the game is out of print now, and I'm not sure how decent the range of models was.

1524727446253517904264.jpg

I found one of them while digging through some old stuff. Size comparison next to my paint tester model.

Warden likes this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

those look like clix-plastics.

they are soft, and relatively similar to 1/72 scale plastics in terms of the plastic they are made from

MacSquiddles likes this.
  8. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Yup. What L-M said. And most of those don't look nearly that good!

MacSquiddles likes this.
  9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

True. Although some of the arcane legions stuff I got ages ago wasn't bad