1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Local GW List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by skinkyone, May 31, 2016.

1. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

so my local GW is doing a small AOS event and after a few years of not playing i thought i would jump in.

the system is 30 models - No formations with you wound total giving a martial rating. seems average is about 80 MR however mine ended up a lowly 68.

old blood on Carnosaur
    1 slann
    3x 5 Saurus knights
    10 Warriors (will be TG if they arrive in time)
    3 ripperdactyle

my idea was a fast moving list with warriors or 5 TG providing a meatshield for the slann.

as ive not played AOS yet i'm unsure if this is a okay list.

only really changes i can do is to add more saurus ( army is mainly built off two of the starter boxes)

add a trogolodon or Bastillion, however this takes away from the knight theme i wanted to go with.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

What are the summoning rules?

List is great, I would add the bastiladon though. Walk it up shoot some stuff, and then use it to bog down a unit for the saurus. The other 2 groups of knights should be alternating charges. Even without the Firelance starhost this is a solid tactic. Charge in run away, charge with the others them run away. Rinse repeat. The other group of knights does the same with the carno. All the while making sure you get some buffs out of that slann!

Huanchi likes this.
  3. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

no limit on summoning - just my small collection and we are allowed to deadpiles.

due to my collection is limited yo really replacing lost units

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Even better, then definitely add the bastiladon for the shooting and keep your saurus fighting.

5. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

Bastiladon went okay, sadly i didnt get chance to really test out the list fully,
    my opponent took a very rude Ogre list to a supposedly friendly tournament/campaign round 1,

thundertusk/Gordrakk/Mournfang Cav/Ironblaster, backed up by Ironsguts/goblin spider riders/ogres

fair to say my combat based list got completely destroyed and its pushing me into the camp of games cannot be balanced unless
    there is points in the rules.

well have to see if i can do any better next time, i hopefully should be acquiring 6 salamanders so i may work these into the list
    as i found the knights very fragile, may go for a unit of 7 in my list with the spare models for summoning instead of
    using summoning to replace my loss (due to models owned)

Bowser and dwarfepic like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A pity... what did you do to counter that list?

Personally, I would have tried to charge the thundertusk with rippers, saying hello to the beast. If then they kill the rippers, summon them again, ready to charge the first unit that arrives near your Slann.
    Then use Basti with shield as anvil and kill things with the CarnoBlood; use the knighs as support or costly chaff to give time to your dinosaurs to deal with the enemy.

Bowser likes this.
  7. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

I struggled to counter really, most likely due to my naivity to destructions str. My Carno had 7 mortal wounds done to it turn one and i learnt that Saurus Knights arnt my cup of tea for a unit that was solid in warhammer they seem a bit pants unboosted.

As such i messed around with my list and the next two games went alot better

I drops the knights to five and added camo skinks salamanders and a unit of handlers.
    I won my next game vs Deamons rather convincingly and a very narrow loss to a golblin list with 4 mauler squigs.

Im looking at amending my list and a collection a bit due to how things have gone.
    Saurus warriors are going and im going with a general army of:

Slann
    Oldbood on carno
    1 eternity warden.
    2 salamanders
    1x3 skink handlers
    2 bastillion
    20 templeguard

Will be summoning in camo skinks/extra salamanders/knigts/ripperdactyles in gane

Bowser likes this.