1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Music: Pitfall Style

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Warden, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

So I found two previous threads dealing with Lizardmen music:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/theme-music-for-lizardmen.13062/#post-101098

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/lizardmen-musical-playlist.12885/

And at the risk of being called a necromancer I decided just to start a new thread with my take on the idea of Lizardmen music with something near and dear to my heart.

Way back before I had ever heard of warhammer, I was playing Pitfall: A Mayan Adventure on an old computer. The game's graphics are by today's standards quite old, but I must have sunk weeks of my childhood into this game, and my brother and I never even got past the first four levels! I attribute much of my desire to learn more about the Mayan culture from the brief glimpses I got from this game.

Pitfall Mayan Adventure.png

Anyway this old game had an amazing soundtrack back then. When my brother and I started playing warhammer years later, and we discovered the Lizardmen actually had a Mayan/Mesoamerican culture, we started using the music in the background when we played our battles. It made for some very atmospheric and amazing games!

Here are some of the links to the music for you, there are several more levels but these are my favorite:

Jungles of Ceiba
    Xibalba Falls
    Tazamul Mines
    Lost City of Copan
    Copan Temple

For those of you who have already seen my fluff thread you may notice some similarities... I never wanted to stray to far from these epic landscapes because they were just so awesome!

I hope this is helpful to anyone to wants to make an epic Lizardmen playlist!

n810 and Bowser like this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Sadly I can't find a playthrough with the same music as posted, but this will give you an idea of the graphics/gameplay.

Not as awesome without the original music soundtrack... but still a fun game!

Bowser likes this.
  3. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

I remember this game. Was good fun and a challenge also. Younger me didn't notice the music so much, but listening to it again was very nice.

Warden and Bowser like this.