1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Kroak 2500

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Davatar, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Davatar
    Skink

Davatar New Member

Hi guys,

This is my first time using Kroak, what do you think?

Lord Kroak
    Saurus Oldblood: Armour of Destiny; Sword of Striking ; Cold One

Saurus Scar-Veteran: Crown of Command; Obsidian Trinket; light armour; shield; Battle Standard Bearer
    Skink Priest: level 1, Dispel Scroll
    Skink Priest: level 1, The Cloak of Feathers

35 Saurus Warriors: Spawn Leader; musician; standard bearer
    10 Skink Skirmishers: Lustrian javelins and shields

20 Temple Guard: Revered Guardian; musician; standard bearer (Lichebone Pennant)
    Bastiladon: Solar Engine
    5 Chameleon Skinks
    5 Chameleon Skinks

Ancient Stegadon: Engine of the Gods

2,500 points

My local gaming group is quite a friendly environment, but I'm getting tired of losing! My bad luck during the magic phase is becoming legendary, so I've been forgoing magic in favour of Killy Saurus characters - we've been playing smaller points games lately (around 1500) where I feel I can get around a lack of Slann, but at this points level I think Lizardmen should be able to excel at magic, so this is my attempt to claim back the magic phase!

I'm usually up against VC's, O&G's, Ogres & HE's if that makes any difference.

My main concerns are the small number of TG and if the EotG is wasted as I'm not really using BRB lores. Haven't decided on lores for the skinks yet, but whatever I chose will be cheaper to cast! The ward on the Saurus & TG's is nice when combined with magic res. And it's nice to have another cheap bound spell to force people to waste their dispel dice.

Thoughts?

2. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Solid list, in a non competetive enviroment, you should do great. Most people like GW's better on Scarvets and Oldbloods due to that sweet S7, or they like racking up extra attacks for the combo with Predatory, but in the greater scheme of things, that are small considerations. You have at least 2 monsters, so you will not be completely shrecked against cannons. I would take the lore of Beasts on your Skinks, Wyssans is really good for buffing Sauri. You got your magical damage bases covered with Kroak, you can get some buffing backup from the Skinks, even though they will be ofcourse mainly used as channeling points for Kroak. You got a strong center, ok warmachine hunting, just an ok all round list if you ask me.

Davatar likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'd definitely add in some more temple guard. If you're going to field Kroak, you definitely need to take advantage of a large block of temple guard.

4. Davatar
    Skink

Davatar New Member

Cheers Nightbringer, I suspected as much.

If I drop the Oldblood down to a Scar Vet w/Armour of Destiny and GW that should free up enough points for 6 more TG's. I lose the punch of the OB but Kroak should stay alive longer...

5. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

If you want to take a scarvet, consider giving him the Dawnstone, a GW, the Dragonhelm, a Cold one and LA. Budget version of your Scarvet, yours has a 1+ 4++, mine has a 1+ rerolable with a 2++ against fire, while it is cheaper.