1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Killer Croc's Lizardsquad

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Killer Croc, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

hello :)
    Im new here and totally new in age of sigmar / Seraphon and i have a few questions.

I plan to build a army with the Celestial Hurricanum and the Star Seer, i like the models and the billions of retolls etc :) and the hurricanum can deal a lot of wounds + counterspell enemy wizards. Maybe i give the phoenix stone to him? Or are there better items?

My list for the start should have 1000 points. Is this combination viable for 1000 pts games? And what should i add for the rest? Im in love with the Carnosaurs, maybe a scar Veteran on Carnosaur and a few warriors? In future (2000 points) i will play the Bloodclaw Starhost but for now my list is:

Scar Veteran on Carnosaur 260
    10 warriors 100
    10 warriors 100

Hurricanum with mage 320
    Starseer 160

=940 points

What do you think about it? I also love the chamelon skins, but there no points left for now :(

I hope you have some tipps and advice for me and maybe starseer/hurricanum isnt that good, i dont know :D

Thank you and sorry for my Bad english

Bowser and TMTMTPoS like this.
  2. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

First off I would like to put up a quick disclaimer as I am rather inexperienced with AoS, but the impression I have certainly recieved from these forums is that you should really just play whatever you like! Personally I really love the idea of a turtle like army that won't crack under any pressure but I understand Seraphon is an army with a ton of models and even more different ways to build them, especially with the Order rules! In every store you should find some people who share the same mentality of just playing whatever's fun or looks cool and from there you can have a ton of matches where the winner doesn't matter hugely. I have certainly seen plenty of these matches from my stores Thursday game nights and everyone has a blast, whatever happens (especially when silly new legends are born :D).

Besides, a massive planetarium (or whatever it is) fits brilliantly with the theme of seraphon! Also, your English is great! Certainly better than me in other languages :p

Bowser likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

60 unused points in a 1000 game are a lot.
    Can't you insert a salamander? Not even as a proxy?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

it is just a little bit brainstorming, i did not have a single modell right now :D i order them friday. Thats why i asked for some tipps :)

Sure i play the modells that i like the most, but i want to play some "harder" - more competitive games in future.

Maybe someone have played some "harder" games with the lizards and can tell me how the units perform. Etc.

The only one thing thats a must is the hurricanum

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This looks like a very competitive list. But that 60 points is a lot. Maybe replace the warriors with skinks to give you the extra 40 and take a starpriest or a battlemage for 100. Battlemage has a lot of options and goes well with the Hurricanum.

6. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

But is this enough "manpower" with only skinks? I have no idea :O

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Not really, you're relying on the carno to keep things away from your shooters. But the amount of mortal wounds you can pump out with say a fire battlemage is pretty good. Soften them up go in for the kill

8. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

I dont like skinks....i think i have to change the whole list :/

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

So pull the stars seer for a star priest and put in the chameleons instead.

10. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

But hurricanum + Star seer feels extremly cool on paper + rerolls on ini Is pretty cool.

Bunch of rerolls for the hurricanum (damage, casting etc.)

+ adding +1 to a roll Is pretty cool too...

So my plan is to build a army around star seer+ hurricanum. First 1000 points but with potential to add 250 points/step without changing to much

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Then keep as is and add a razordon. Its an amazing start to a 2000 point list but a really tough 1000 point list!

12. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Are razordons better than Salamanders? And where did i get the handlers?

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Razors do a more reliable average damage and can stand and shoot.
    Sallies can do more damage and shine if supported (starseer is optimal).
    Handlers cost 40 pts for a unit of 3.
    Razors w handlers rerolls 1s.
    Sallies w handlers have increased range.
    Personally I like more sallies, but if you can insert just 1 model, i'd take a razordon which at least is a little more durable and shoots at 12" instead of 8".

Bowser likes this.
  14. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Just my 2 cents- to try and keep the essence of your list intact but offer you a more stable 1000 point army, may I suggest replacing the Scar Vet in Carno with something like a Sunblood (120 points) as this saves you an extra 140 points, leaving you 200 points to spend on your list.

Now, this 200 points could be several options- 3 salamanders and a gryph hound for scary shooting, a unit of Chameleon skinks and a razordon for flexibility, a starpriest and a unit of saurus guard for defensive options, etc. I say this because the scar vet on carno can be pretty good, and doesn't need too much support, but it in turn doesn't offer the rest of your army any help. A sunblood would at least mean that your battleline units can seriously help out, and it lets you flesh out your army with a few more bodies.

Another option would be to take a sunblood, a unit of warriors and the...sunclaw starhost I believe its called? Again, this gives you a really solid battleline, and also nets you another allegiance relic.

Best of luck!

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  15. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Ok...i reworked my list and try to wright down my thoughts about the units:

1000 List:

-Star Seer (gives me rerolls and a nice buff/debuff) 160

-2x 10 skinks (battleline, cheap and little synergie with alphaskink) 160

-Hurricanum + mage (+1 to all hits and spells with rerolls from Star Seer it loads out billions of mortal wounds) 320

-Stegadon (speedbuff for skinks, nice guy over all and a super cool modell) 260

-Salamander +3 handlers (just for the damage) 100
    These are exact 1000 points. What do you think? Can i beat harder lists with that and objective play?

And now the pump up to 2000 points with the same models and a very cool formation:

Thunderquake Starhost 120

Engine of the gods 240

Stegadon 260

Bastiladon 300

Salamander with 3 handlers 100
    =1020 points

+ star seer 160
    3x10 skinks 240
    Slann starmaster 260
    Hurricanum +mage 320
    =2000 points

So these are 3 big monsters with billions of buffs and rerolls + everyone of them heals up d3 wounds each turn. Hurricanum deals mortal wounds and the 30 skinks try to catch objectives.

So what do you think guys?

/edit:

I think this is my list for now :D but ill change the Stegadon with a bastiladon in the 1000 list and drop the handlers out.

Which weapon on the Stegadon is better for my list? Flamethrower or bow? :/

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  16. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

I just ordered all units from the 1k-list. Lets see how it works. I have my first game next week when i finished them :D

Bowser and TMTMTPoS like this.
  17. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Look forward to seeing how it goes!

18. Bradifer
    Skink

Bradifer Member

So at 2000 this is what you were aiming for:

Leaders
    Skink Starseer (160)
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    Slann Starmaster (260)

Units
    Skinks x 10 (80)
    Skinks x 10 (80)
    Skinks x 10 (80)
    Salamanders x 1 (60)
    Skink Handlers x 3 (40)

Behemoths
    Celestial Hurricanum (320)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Stegadon (260)

War Machines

Batallions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Total: 2000/2000

However, I think the Slann is very underwhelming for your army. Basically all he will do is add a 4th D6 to the Engine's roll and increase the Thunderquake heal from 1 to D3. So it has a 66% chance of being better, but not a ton, and it costs almost 15% of your army to do that.
    The Slann's signature spell is meh, and your Starseer can already cast Mystic Shield or Arcane bolt, and since you can't cast the same spell, duplicate wizards that both have weak signature spells is not worth it.

Starseer's Cosmic Herald is his best ability. Plus that's why you like him. You'll probably cast mystic shield most of the time.

I would say, drop the Slann (260) drop the Salamanders (60) + Handlers (40) and that gives you 360 points to work with.
    But now you need to meet the requirement for ThundQuake, by bringing Kroxigor.

So you do exactly that.
    Kroxigor (180)+ Kroxigor (180) = 360. Add twoMoonhammer to the group to help clear hordes. Keep both Kroxigor in same unit so they gain benefits of Thunderquake battalion. Kroxigor stay at the front of the Thunderquake bubble, close enough to Skinks or any behemoth with skinks on it. They'll gain +1 hit from the Hurricanum so they're sitting at 3+ hit, and 3+ wound while rerolling wounds of 1. 2 Moon hammers helps clear hordes so you don't have to take Flamethrowers on Stegadon. But you might want to, as your mortal wound spam is pretty good vs elites.

The other alternative is to bring one Kroxigor (180) and with remaining 180, grab a Battlemage (80) from the same faction as the Hurricanum. Pick whichever mage color you want. Remaining 80 points just grab Salamander. Don't really need extra 4inch on the range. (You can instead take Ripperdacty's over the Mage + Salamander as a third option).

Either option works. You'l find that skinks are super squish and you have no frontline for enemy chrgers to assault. Kroxigor aren't super tanky but they can take a beating and deal some damage while your ranged shreds. You can cleanup battle while picking away enemy wouds and you keep healing. Kroxigor are your tanks essentially.

In general I would have suggested staying away from Skinks and aiming closer to Saurus Warrior as battle line, but you already bought skinks, so enjoy the range!

Bowser likes this.
  19. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Nice post, ty :D i rly like the kroxigors, but what do you think about the heavenwatch starhost?

It heals 1 wound for each monster every turn and the singletarget output is higher. And no need for engine of the gods, which is pretty useless without Slann and without the summon spell (in competitive games) so ill go double Bastiladon + Stegadon with starseer, priest and Hurricanum Support.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Killer Croc
    Skink

Killer Croc Member

Yesterday i played my first game with:

Starseer
    Skink priest
    Hurricanum

2x10 skinks
    Bastiladon
    =1040 points.

I played against Dark elves something like:

1 sorcerer
    2x 10 crossbow guys
    30 spear guys
    10 Black Guards (?)
    10'guys with big swords :D
    I think that was the list...

And what should i say? Bastiladon + Hurricanum+Starseer is such amazing. The +1 hit and a couple of rerolls are so amazing. I tablet him in round 4. the priestdance on Bastiladon is pretty nice too. 3+ safe (rerollable) ignoring rend. This guy is a Tank :D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    n810 and Bowser like this.