1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Kadangas paint log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Kadanga, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Hey guys!

I'm quite new to warhammer and have no previous experience with painting. I am really happy with the results I've gotten so far and I am hoping to get a few pointers on how to raise my paint jobs! :)

I really dislike seeing unpainted models on the board, so the goal I've set for myself with my models is simply to get them to the battlefield as fast as possible while still looking good.

The theme for my Seraphon army will be based on that different kind of units will stem from different sub-races/factions of saurus/skinks and with this; have different colors. The Guards for example will be a dark blue with red shields and I am leaning towards orange warriors with green shields. I am unsure if this will make the army "come together" or "put together". I think that basing them with the same theme will suffice, but feel free to share your thoughts and experiences!

Now some pics:

Here's my first batch of Saurus guard (5/15)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my squad of chameleons:
    [​IMG]

I havn't based any of them yet since I am still deciding on the theme, but it will be something bright (deserty) to compliment the dark colors on the models.

Thanks for reading!

Jorgik, tom ndege, Warden and 4 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

They look great so far! The chameleons arw absolutely stunning. I think with the orange you might be able to get away with Orange with white marks and stripes or white with orange markings and stripes. Quick and easy, but gives them a unique look. Keeping the basing and the weapons/armour/decorations the same colour should give some unity for that put together look. You may want to keep the shields the same red, but you would need to do a test model to see if it would look alright with the green or other colours.

Warden, Kadanga and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

.... Are you sure you don't have any painting experience ???

Jorgik, Warden, Kadanga and 2 others like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I see another padawan

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER and Kadanga like this.
  5. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Thank you! I might need to head back to the drawing/paintboard, I had totally forgot about the stripe feature on the warriors. Still waiting on the delivery there, I'll grab one of the bonus ones from the starter kit and do a trial version.

Hehe, thank you. I havn't held a brush since mandatory art class in grade school. :p

Warden and Bowser like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

very-small.jpg

Kadanga, Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

:wideyed:

Amazing work. Phenomenal job painting those temple guards, and I love your chameleon skinks. Look very desert-y already!

Kadanga likes this.