1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Itepixcauh Skinks

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Itepixcauh, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

I took a VERY long hiatus from the hobby, and recently KoW brought me back. After almost 10 years without picking up a brush it was a delight to finally give it a go. Decided to start with my favourite model, the mighty Stegadon.

The beast is finished, not the crew though. Anyways they are in a WIP state, Hope you like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First crew member is almost done too, call it a colour test of you will, I'm doing 3 members for now and If I feel it needs more I will add the other two. Not sure of it really, don't want it to look cramped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This Stegadon looks incredible! The greens with the silver and gold of the engine works really well together! I also really like the vibrant colours of the skink!

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD!
    I love your painting style!! those extreme highlights on dark colors look amazing!
    Keep the pics coming!

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Great job, I love your style man. :artist:

Crowsfoot, Itepixcauh and Bowser like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow... that is professional quality!

6. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I see that you were a very accomplished painter years ago and it looks like you have not lost your touch, your style is similar to mine but I think you have a cleaner finish.

Very keen to see you progress and I'm looking forward to seeing more, the green wash on the steps is a very nice touch.

Got any pics of your past work?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  8. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Thank you very much guys,

After so long it is a real pleasure to paint again, well after the shock that is seeing almost all your paints ruined...

Of course, I used to upload to coolminiornot, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last one is very special to me, as it was my first professional sculpting work, It was sculpted for Urban Mammoth, back when Urban Wars started. I ended up doing most part of the Syntha line.

[​IMG]

LizardWizard, Lizerd, kubapj and 13 others like this.
  9. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

When I saw your avatar I thought 'man, that guy seems like a sharp painter'.
    Well that's exactly what you are lol. Awesome painting with a very nice mastery of contrasts. Even though they're very, very sharp, you still manage to make it look good overall and maintain coherence. It's a real beauty to look at! hope you'll keep the good stuff coming :)

(my eyes say thanks btw:greyalien: )

LizardWizard, Bowser and Itepixcauh like this.
  10. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

That empireman with the brush halberd is hilarious!! ;)

LizardWizard and Itepixcauh like this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Wow, that Empire knight is stunning, they all are.

LizardWizard, Bowser and Itepixcauh like this.
  12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:photogenic::photogenic::photogenic::photogenic::photogenic:
    :jawdrop::eek::oops::rolleyes::shifty:

More please. :D

LizardWizard and Itepixcauh like this.
  13. mousekiller
    Saurus

mousekiller Well-Known Member

For not picking up a brush in ten years, doesn't look like you took a break at all! And of course you would start with the biggest model you could find! The skin on the stegadon is beautiful, and the color choice on the skink is really nicely done. Awesome work!

14. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

GOOD NEWS, Stegadon is finally finished, sadly varnish is drying so no pictures yet, in the meantime here is the next WIP shot, I was thinking about painting some R&F but in the end..... well here he is:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy picture, more and better pictures soon I promise

15. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

The skin looks gorgeous!

16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks good so far similar colour for the skin on my bastiladon! Can't wait to see the finished product!

17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Amazing work! That stegadon is absolutely beautiful :artist:, how long did it take to finish him? And that bretonnian knight, wow! Do you have an army of those guys painted up too???

Also I loved the paintbrush pikeman, well done all around! Hoping to see more!
    Paintbrush footsoldier.jpg

18. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Well Its been a long time since I've had the time to update the Plog, I've been informed recently that I will be a father for the first time and my wife has been my top 1 priority but finally I can update it!

Thanks!! The stegadon took more or less 2-3 months, but I can only paint ocasionally so, in the end it's been a lot less. The Bretonnian Knight is a highly converted miniature, I would say half is plastic-metal and the other half is Greenstuff. I modelled him to be a copy of the bretonnian army book cover:

It was made for a painting competition, and I'm painting an army too yes. But my priority right now are my Lizardmen.

The paintbrush pikeman was a prize in an online painting competition that I won. I think it was made by Gamezone but I'm not sure, it was a really fun mini to paint.

Well, now the good stuff. I'm making a good progress with the Bastiladon, quite happy with how he looks. In the mean time I decided to restore and bring to date my Slann, he was covered in dust and badly chipped, but I didn't wanted to strip him so I repainted some bits (Horns mainly) I rebased him and proceded to add some extreme highlights to the whole model (my painting style has changed a lot with time, who knew). All in all I'm really happy with him right now. If I where to repaint him I will do things very differently BUT with just a day worth of work He is looking up to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the mighty Bastilodon:

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

19. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I love all of it! Specially the small toads on the slannĀ“s seat and all the small creatures!

LizardWizard, Itepixcauh and Bowser like this.
  20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The slann looks amazing! I really like how his coloration looks like the skinks in your army! Beautiful detailing on the throne as well! Bastiladon is looking better and better each time! I really like the design on the shell!