1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone else having trouble posting?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by white_aardvark, Aug 15, 2008.

1. white_aardvark
    Skink

white_aardvark New Member

When I create a new topic I can write it and it then makes me sign in again after I hit "submit". The post is then gone, which is pretty annoying when you've just written a battle report. Twice.

Help me please, I'm too dumb for the internet!

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

My guess is that, due to writing a long report, your account just timed out. It happens on almost all sites if you're inactive for a certain length of time, it's primarily a security thing. My advice would be to, if you have a long report, write up the report in a text editor, notepad or something would be ideal, and then just paste it over when you post it here :)

Having said that, however, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is having trouble posting?

3. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

I also had this issue when I was posting my army list. However, after some re-writing, I made sure to copy the list before attempting to submit it again. Thankfully I didn't have to worry about the re-write, but it was still something I was having issues with at the time.

4. white_aardvark
    Skink

white_aardvark New Member

it's not a timeout, I get it with short posts as well sometimes. I suspect it has something to do with the security settings of the internet explorer, as it seems to work with firefox. With firefox it even remembers me properly when I return to the site.

5. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Lol, actually the "remember me" thing was a forum bug which I only got round to fixing yesterday :p

I don't know much about IE since I never use it.