1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for fluff section

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Caneghem, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

So I was thinking of starting a bit of a writing project, but I wanted to do something in-depth and give respect to the established lizardmen culture, locales, and everything else. But I'm hard pressed to find a good source of Lizardmen material aside from the rule book. Sure there are brief bits here and there, but nothing really comprehensive, and no real novels from the perspective of the lizardmen that I know of. Also I've noticed the lizardmen fluff section here at LO is not very frequently used, but perhaps this could be due to its location and the fact that it is a subforum?

So my suggestion is twofold... first move the current version of the fluff forum into the main list of forums, right after the "Rules Questions". Second, I propose we kick off the new section of the forum by starting something similar to the Tactica index, except the headings would be different things relating to Lizardmen. Maybe something like...

General Lizardmen Info:
    LM society
    LM culture
    The Old Ones

Sentient Lizardmen:
    Slann
    Skinks
    Saurus
    Kroxigor

Beasts of Lustria:
    Cold Ones
    Salamanders
    Stegadons
    Terradons

For each article, we could do it Wikipedia style, where people would contribute facts and info about any of the topics. Say you are reading some Warhammer book, and there is an offhand reference to the nesting and mating habits of Terradons, you could post a few sentences about it and put a reference to where you found it.

If done correctly, we could wind up with a pretty comprehensive source for info about the most ancient and mysterious race in Warhammer.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Thats a pretty interesting idea. A lot of the other army books probably have some reference to LM as well.

In my experience, I have never found fluff sections to be all that active in forums no matter what you do to them. I would be in favour if enough people are interested in the idea. I must confess I am not into indepth fluff; just short action stories when it comes to warhammer.

3. Bentistos
    Saurus

Bentistos New Member

I like the idea too, and I should have the older army books somewhere at my parent's.

Are we allowed to post pictures of lizardmen glyphs that we copy out of GW books or would that be some kind of copyright breach? I always found it nice to know what the glyphs and pictograms meant and used them to adorn my models - especially the alphabet: I used it to write stuff on a carpet on my EotG.

(and btw: do you say "adorn" in this context? It sounds quite archaic for me, but then again, I'm no native speaker...)

(and do you say "archaic"? whatever, on with the topic! ;-) )