1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Hrrath Flamespitter

Discussion in 'Salamanders Discussion' started by BAE, May 19, 2016.

1. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

Mantic have released a Salamander hero called 'Hrrath Flamespitter', but I can't find reference to that character in any list or fluff. Does anyone know who he is??

Bowser likes this.
  2. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

Right, I've finally found a reference on 1d4chan:

"Hrrath Flamespitter
    A Salamader fighter. His people were violent and war-like, not uncommon for a Salamander. However they were defeated in one of the many smaller wars occurring in the centuries after the end of the Winter War. Captured alive, Hrrath was sold as a gladiator and won renown in the pits. Eventually he won his freedom in the games and was released. Realizing he could never go back to his old life, Hrrath began making his living as a sell sword and mercenary.

Hrrath is built as an all offense fighter, vice Rordin who is more defensive in the base game. His model and rules are included with the second quest module, Warlord of Galahir. In the scenarios therein, he joins with Kapoka to defeat the orcish warlord Thrundak"

Am I right in thinking that, as he is a Dungeon Saga character, there are no rules for a player to use him as a character in Kings of War? And if so, why was he released in a box set of three units of Kings of War Salamanders? I am assuming these units can't be used in Dungeon Saga because it's a character and card based game.

I'm really rather confused.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

Jack Trowell Active Member

I checked and yes he is supposed to be the Dungeon Saga Salamander hero.

4. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

Jack Trowell Active Member

Some of the Dungeon Saga heroes got their own profile as living legends in the Destiny Of Kings supplement, you can see them on http://kow2.easyarmy.com

Hrrath Flamespitter being from a later Dungeon Saga supplement (has it been released yet ?), he isn't among them, but in the Forces of Nature package that include him they suggest simply using him as a model for a generic Salamander Veteran, the Salamander hero from the Forces of Nature list (the Salamander heroes in the Salamander list are slightly different, and he would probably make a very fine Battle captain or Clan lord.

If they release one day a legendary version of him like they did for the current heroes in DS, it will probabbly be even better for a Clan Lord, with the normal version as a captain.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  5. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

I am a bit late here, but yes he is a DS character. IMO he is best used to represent a battle captain in the Salamander list.

6. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

That's a shame! Salamanders have a pretty weak special character compared to most other armies, especially considering she only inspires Corsairs, which would usually comprise one, maybe two, units maximum in an army. Maybe the weak special character was to designed to tone down the army in light of the many big beasties, but it would have been nice to have a special hero that people would actually pick!

Itepixcauh likes this.
  7. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

Yes, our legendary unit is not the best out there, but she is not bad at all you just have to design an army to maximise her habilities. Also she doesn't just inspire Corsairs but she also gives them Fearless which is amazing.

Check this battle reports of an army that uses her, it is also a great source of tactics:

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.