1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How to use a Slann

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Tokek, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

I have been quietly modelling away on my offbeat army and my counts-as Slann (very Quetzalcoatl inspired) is nearing completion.

I have noticed that most of the local play is Matched Play and I do not want that Slann to be annoyingly dead weight in the list. So I have been thinking about how to make it at least fun to play, to put this in context I am not intending to get highly competitive with AoS at all I just want to avoid that feel-bad of putting expensive worthless things on the table.

So my thought is to use the Slann primarily as a way to include responsive flexibility into my list with a moderate amount of summoning. The core list will have the bulk of numbers (Skinks) to try to bubble-wrap my Slann and some general utility units but some of the more specialized stuff I will leave out to see what I am facing and then summon it in. e.g. if my opponent is lacking in mortal wounds I can summon in some Saurus Guard, whereas if they have lots of mortal wounds I bring in stuff with more wounds per unit cost that can try to flood them with bodies. Then with the placement of summoned models I can counter the only moderate mobility of most of my stuff.

Has anyone tried this approach and how well does it work? Any tricks for keeping that expensive Slann alive long enough to get value out of the points set aside to be summoned?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Honestly I would use it in conjunction with an engine. If you have enough points put aside you could summon back the slann. Other than that, don't leave the slan staticand use terrain to your advantage.

scubrat likes this.
  3. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

The thunderquake is a great way to use him, heals models within 10" d3 wounds rather than just 1, then you can also include an engine of the gods in that set up which as Bowser says is a good shout.

Bowser likes this.