1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Hothead Gamer Flips Out, Burns Warhammer Fantasy Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by n810, Jul 10, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Here is the reply on the channel to the feedback received for burning the book/models...

2. Skinquisitor
    Kroxigor

Skinquisitor Member

Proper jedi funeral, whats wrong?
    Ok, lets be serious. Its his decision, Im angy like him. But calling him idiot... bit strong for me. He has his reasons. It was his property, he does almost anything with it as he pleases. Smoking should make you more outraged, its worse: you give money to shorten your life... Or just think it over, how much leftovers did you throw away? The same applies? Why didnt you give it away? You wasted more money then him, I guess...

NIGHTBRINGER and Ixt like this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

He already had a rant sendoff video, why do a second one...

This is the second time he said he'd never talk about WHF again.

4. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

That is beautiful, sir. +1 for you.

5. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

6. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

This so happens to be a Warhammer forum ;)
    No one says people aren't mad at smokers or other waste of resources, this is just not where that should be addressed.

The problem for me is that its such premature decision, and his reaction and statements could come from a creative teenager rather than a focused adult.
    If he REALLY had the maturity to just walk away, he wouldn't have to make such verbal statements and video record his elf bbq.

This is a sign of weakness and helplessness, desperate to project frustation upon those who have inflicted it to him.
    He tries desperate to act angry and "above" the people who have harmed him, instead of accepting that he cant prevent this which has been forced upon him, and that its okay to be sad about it.
    ("YOU DON'T KNOW ME")
    Good thing im just a guy on the internet then huh.

Gogery likes this.
  7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So the guy that burned his BRB was a different dude from this latest guy? who apparently burned a witch-elf army?

(Full disclosure I watched the book burning but skipped most of the prattling on he did afterwards; I can't be bothered to watch this latest burning.)

Two different guys?

8. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Easily the most pathetic and shameful display I've ever seen.

It reminds me of a certain "Cutting your nose off to spite your face" remark.
    All he's done is waste his time and money in a woefully immature moment of ragequit, he must have been a true delight to play against.

Gogery, Scalenex and Mr Phat like this.
  9. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Ok so against my better judgement I looked at the following video where the poster says it was a friend of his and proudly proclaiming himself "an internet tough guy". Despite this I listened to what he had to say (as he burned his BRB), now while he had one or two decent comments to make, I think he missed the point.

I felt I should clarify my post above better.

Yes, it is his stuff.
    Yes, he has every right to do what he wants and no-one really has any right to chastise him for that.

No, posting it online to get attention was not bold or edgy, or even "the right/sensible thing to do".
    No, it doesn't send a positive message to ANYONE, GW, other hobbyists, etc.
    No, GW don't/won't care, he's brought them with his money, they've lost nothing, he would have annoyed them more if he'd simply ebayed them, denying them of more money from a potential new comer.
    No, he gains nothing, just like his leaving the hobby deprives us of nothing.
    No, he may not feel any guilt/shame/remorse/whatever for his actions BUT bear this in mind:

Although I've been on this planet 33 years, I've still not figured this pesky life thing out, heck, even aged 133, I severely doubt I will, just can't see anyone ever coming up to me and handing out a degree in "being human". One thing I think I HAVE learned though is anger is never a good thing.
    - It's like a drug, with it being the high, but regret, remorse, guilt are all just shades of the come down that does follow.
    - I've done some shameful things in my past that (if I'm being blunt) I find embarrassing now (rage quit delete of my DA account, something I felt fine about for years afterwards, until I realised how un-necessarily melodramatic the move was.

The point on this one is this:

Even if he never feels guilt or regret at some point, he hasn't done anything positive for anyone, at best it's on par with people who post those infamous "Leaving forever and you all suck!" threads you occasionally see on the internet. Those horribly passive aggressive posts, where someone tries to shame and blame an entire forum for their lack of character, by feeling the need to insult people en-masse and then top it off with a "there's no point in replying because I won't see it!" comment.

At worst, well...you put off other people from the hobby, you feed the stereotype that all wargamers are rage filled idiots with no measure of self control, character and are overly hostile to anything or anyone to their hobby.

You damage the reputation of gamers.
    You damage the communities attached to it.
    You damage the interest of new comers to all hobbys/games; who wants to be part of something so objectionable?
    But above all else you damage yourself.

10. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

*fistbump*

11. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Qupakoco, Scalenex and Mr Phat like this.
  12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I agree with all of this.

He did deprive us of some nice cold one models... :meh:

...on the plus side, good riddance to another batch of BDSM MODELS witch elves.

Trociu likes this.
  13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I don't know how much the rest of you know about board gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in board gaming, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Age of Sigmar, nor will they purchase any of Game Workshop's other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but GW has alienated an entire market with this move.

GW, publicly apologize and cancel AoS or you can kiss your business goodbye

:pompus::woot:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11960243

14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11960243

I don't get this. Is that your comment, created by paraphrasing the 2008 rant (from the link) against XBOX? Did someone else para-plagiar-phrase the 2008 rant and you have posted both for comparison? o_O:confused:

It is a hyperbolic, over-the-top comment...destined to be wrong (as evidenced by the continued existence of Xbox).

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

The original post have become a meme because of the exact reasons you mentioned. It's hyperbolic, over-the-top and fit perfectly to this thread :p

16. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

I think Taco attempted to invoke this thing the warmbloods calls "humour" in the form of one of their social construct called "A joke".
    Extraordinary mimicry mate!

Agrem, Slanputin and Pinktaco like this.
  17. pendrake
    Skink Priest

[[... Lizard with the Griffin Mask nods sagely. Contemplates the foolishness of the warm-bloods ...]]

Iskander and Slanputin like this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A Star Wars reference... I love it! :):):)

The second video was in response to the personal attacks he received over the first one.

Yes they are two different guys, but all the videos were released on the same YouTube channel. Both guys belong to the same gaming group.

Lord Tremendous made the original video in which he burnt his BRB.
    His friend Death Holy Death was the guy that burnt the Dark Elves army
    Lord Tremendous made a followup video in response to the personal attacks levied at them in response to the first two videos.

Personally I'll miss his 8th edition battle reports. :(

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The video with the Dark Elves army being burned has just passed 100,000 views. In comparison, a typical video on his channel averages somewhere around 700-1300 views.

20. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

Food for thought. By actually blowing his top and burning his models, this muppet makes people go and look at AoS. They go to see what all the fuss is about. Then go "Hmm that dude is a dickhead, I like the look of this.", buy some gear and help people get into the hobbie!

Any publicity, right?

Edit, proof reading is never easy

Caprasauridae and Scalenex like this.