1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Community

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by YourSwordisMine, Oct 2, 2016.

1. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

Hello!

I acquired a Lizardmen Battalion box at a swap meet yesterday and I am thinking of starting a Seraphon army (my 7th) for Age of Sigmar. This seemed like the place to be for all things Lizardmen, so here I am.

Nice to meet you all.

Scalenex, Warden, n810 and 1 other person like this.
  2. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Hello welcome to the forum :) A swap meet sounds like a very American thing I think we British call it a bring and buy sale :p or something similar - have you put the figures together yet?

3. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

Our local game store holds one every 3-4 months. People bring things they want to sell or trade, and display their stuff on the tables. You can either trade directly with others, or you can buy fake money from the Store. Any fake money at the end is translated into store credit at the end of the event. This way the store makes money, and everyone wins in the end. Its really well done and is very popular at this store.

I ended up with $100 USD in store credit (which went into finishing my Slaves to Darkness army), and traded directly for the Lizardmen Battalion. All in all, it was quite profitable and I got rid some some things that had been taking up space for years.

I haven't started on the Lizardmen yet. Part of my reason for coming here is not knowing how best to equip a lot of my models. The Saurus Guard are pretty straight forward, but should I assemble as a group of 10, or 2 groups of 5. I really like the warscrolls for the Guard. I think I want to base my army around them. I'm leaning towards spears for my Warriors, it looks the best option with the 2" reach. Also, the knights look best with Lances, but I am unsure. Skinks are the biggest question, but my gut says blowguns and shields. The shields though are questionable though... I just dont know with them.

Warden, Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  4. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I don't really play at the moment so cant comment on builds someone else will defiantly help out though

5. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

Yup, I'm going to start a thread about it later on. just wanted to introduce myself before I did though.

6. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

The community here is top notch people will defiantly help you. I wish I could but I really have no clue how to set up an effective army. Are you getting a Slann general or Saurus Old blood or something to lead your troops?

YourSwordisMine likes this.
  7. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

I'll probably end up getting the Start Collecting set to start with. After that, I dont have a clue lol

SlanntaClause likes this.
  8. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I think people suggested Lord Kroak with some Temple guard in a forum discussion before I believe he gives them defensive bonuses or something good

9. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard!

11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

A littlie bit of everything is generally best. :oldman:

12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your progression, do you paint? if yes show us your models in the painting section.

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Seven armies? It took you that long to pick the Aztec dinosaurs. Remember, once you go scaly, you'll be back daily. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.

Bowser likes this.