1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Julio

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jester, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jester
    Jungle Swarm

Jester New Member

So this may sound kinda dumb but when I was a wee one I accidentially invented my own holidays (booze helped too...not me though my dad and friends). My dad was in a bowling league and I was there with him. It happened to be Mar. 10. I being a very young lad asked father why his digital address book (yeah it was that long ago) said mario on it (mar10 looks like mario when digital and your young). My dad and his friends thought it was the funniest thing ever and went through the rest of the calendar looking for other days finding Jul 10 works also. Long story short, they have called each other as well as me to wish each other happy mario/julio for probably close to 20 years now and I carry on the tradition. Anyways Happy Julio everyone. Spread the word and confuse your friends.

2. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Happy Julio!

Odd... There's a guy called Julio on The tyranid hive... Makes one wonder... o_O

Cheers!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Haha thats a pretty cool story, interesting way to make a holiday. Good to see it is surviving the test of time, 10 years on and still remembered and mentioned every year!

4. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Now all you need to do is get the government to recognize it so I don't have to be posting from work!

5. Jester
    Jungle Swarm

Jester New Member

I'm working on that. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. If anyone's got any government pull let me know.

6. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

tell them you found this ancient piece of paper showing your nation celebrating something special and if they ask about this paper say your dog ate it :D

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Heh, you'd have better luck in Australia, we have HEAPS of public holidays, any chance for a day off to recover from the night before. :D We celebrate the Queen's birthday when it isn't actually her birthday, and if a public holiday happens to fall on a weekend we just shift it forward or backward a day so we still get a long weekend. :p