1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Haemo's Painting log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Haemoglobin, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

So, with a bit part of my army being unfinished i decided to make a painting log to motivate myself to paint it all up. Bear in mind that right now I'm in the middle of my exams so there won't be alot of painting straight away :p
    I've got a finished Saurus unit, two finished skink priests and a skink chief, two finished skink units, two Salamander units, two finished Scar-Veterans/Oldbloods and two finished Kroxigors.

What I still have to do:
    - finish my Carnosaur
    - rebuild and paint my Slann: planning on converting him massively
    - one unit of Chameleon Skinks
    - one unit of Saurus Warriors
    - three Terradons (with some parts missing D: )
    - finish my Skink Chief (looks done but has some small stuff to do)
    - redo my Stegadon because bits broke off and it looks crappeh
    - redo two Skink Skirmisher units (10 per unit)
    - five Saurus Cold One Riders, converted to fit on the DE Cold Ones. Kinda stopped working on those because i dont use em in my list anyways.

And stuff I will be getting eventually:

- at least two more Salamanders
    - at least 6 more chameleon skinks
    - possibly a Kroxigor
    - possibly an extra Stegadon

Aka i got myself alot of painting to do D:

Here are some pics of stuff that are finished and WIP

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Well done my friend. :D

3. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

If I could paint half as well as you can, my army would be finished for sure :p. Great idea to make a PLOG to keep yourself motivated. I find hard to motivate myself when I don't get the results I want, but saying that I'm gonna update my PLOG soon usually makes me paint more :D.

Great looking stuff you have there, I really like the carnosaur and the characters. I'm really looking forward to see a full unit of Saurus Warriors of yours!

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow very nice stuff! The NMM gold areas are very striking and really stand out well. I'm doing bright orange scales on mine as well, but you have done it better. Did you just highlight up from dark red to yellow, or add washes as well?

5. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

So tonight, I worked a bit on building the Slann's palanquin. Nothing much yet.

I did the scales this way: a layer of Blazing Orange as the base. Then I washed heavily with Red Gore. I picked out all of the scales with Blazing Orange again, and started to highlight them by adding Sunburst Yellow to the Blazing Orange. Every layer had more and more Sunburst Yellow. The last highlight was an edge of pure Sunburst Yellow.

And here are a couple of pics of my Saurus Warriors. They arent painted that well, I tend to paint my characters as best I can and leave the infantry as 'meh good enough' :p

6. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

cant wait to see more i sound like a doosh i know but its so crisp you should see my painting it looks like a three year old has scribbled all over them

7. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Soooo

I managed to paint some chameleon skinks in the busy days of exams (also, the pics are of poor quality, taken by my cellphone. I'll have my good camera for the next update):

These arent finished yet though. They need their scales done, and extra highlighting on the skin.

I also did some work on my Slann. I am planning to scratchbuild/convert the palanquin, and here you can see the first step. Its based on the GW one though :p

And look what found its way to my mailbox after three weeks!

Its the Avatars of War Lizardmen Hero!
    I must say that the quality of this model is excellent. I have yet to put it together, but there are barely any mold lines present. The pieces fit pretty good too, even though ill have to GS some gaps. A very nice model for its price!

As always, comments are appreciated!

8. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I like the green chameleons, I would love to see a better picture. As for the Slann, I think the palanquin looks promising, not sure about using a slotta base though.

9. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

10. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I really like the scar vet with the gW.