1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Getting back into 8th. 1500 point list.

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Dradic1985, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dradic1985
    Jungle Swarm

Dradic1985 New Member

Hello all. I am a life long fantasy player. However I went over to AoS when it was released and have not gotten a game of 8th in since then.
    I have recently moved to a new gaming store and the fantasy scene there is still fairly strong. I have taken this oppurtunity to fulfill a long held desire to start a Lizardmen army. I picked up a large amount of models on sale and on eBay and am now in the process of painting up and looking to get some games in.
    So I am keeping it small for my first game and limiting to 1500. This is what I have thus far.

Slann: High magic, focus of mystery, channeling staff

Saurus Warriors x30: Spears FC

Skink Skirmishers x10

Chameleon Skinks x6

Temple guard x20 FC

Ancient Steg: Blowpipes Sharpened Horns

Salamander 3x handlers

1498 points.

Am still getting a feel for the players at the store but so far they seem to lean more friendly than hyper competitive. The gentleman I will be playing will likely be bringing greenskins, lizards or High elves.
    I have dabbled in many armies throughout the years but the majority of my experience is in Nurgle WoC and VC

Any feedback would be very helpful. At this point all of my knowledge is based on reading up and playing one large team game years ago where one of the players brought lizards.

Thank you in advance and glad to be a new member of the community!

pendrake likes this.
  2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Aren´t the ancient steg and salamander over the special point percentage limit?
    25% of 1500 is 375

3. Dradic1985
    Jungle Swarm

Dradic1985 New Member

Ancient Steg and salamander come to 330 together for the rare slot so they are ok (presuming battlescribe has the right values, I will have to check when I get home).

4. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Oh ok. I didn´t really know the points value for the salamander. I don´t have one so I don´t really use it ;)

5. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Slann in a 1500pt game is very expensive maybe a tettoeko or couple priests backed up by an old blood or few cowboys might be points worth . But that is my opinion let us know how the game went on. :) good luck

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Seems legit, no glaring problems. :writing: