1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General total war warhammer campaign talk

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Apr 5, 2017.

1. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Oh wait that's the variant I've got I think :p

Bowser likes this.
  2. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I'm going to have to picture all my Slann again and see what one I'm missing

Bowser likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Too rich for my blood. To be honest, I'd only ever pick one up if I could get it for very cheap. I don't really need it for anything other than for completions case.

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  4. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Yeah I'm actually gonna invest in some more Slann soon I think :) but the warmaster ones were just for completing the set and fitting them into some shrink ray type lore

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Also there will be slanns in the new Total War game, or so I heard

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hahaha... it seems that we may have derailed this thread a little :angelic:

Back on topic: is there any footage and/or pictures of the in game Kroxigor?

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  7. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any, I don't believe they would leave them out. In the Trailer some of the Sauruses had great weapon, perhaps they are suppose to be Kroxigors, and they way the trailer is shot simply makes them look like common Sauruses. Or maybe they will replace Kroxigors altogether with easier to animate Saurus, with Great Weapons, hopefully the prior.

It'll be fun if they somehow can implement the Kroxigor and skinks fighting tactics, either by allowing Krox to charge through Skinks, as in 6th, or in one unit as in 7th and 8th ed. I would really like to be capable of fielding them, so fingers crossed

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I hope not. Krox and Saurus have a very different feel to them. I want to see giant lumbering Kroxigors in the game, not just Saurus with great weapons. Kroxigors are 1 of the 3 main Lizardmen sub-species (1 of 4 if you count the Slann), they have to be in the game.

Either of those options would be interesting. I'm curious to see which direction they will go in. Whatever they decide, I hope they embrace some sort of Skink-Kroxigor symbiotic game play system. Those two groups have such a rich history to them.