1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General New player Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Dimitris, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

If you are playing just the start box, the scar vet on carno is your best option as general, and the Oracle parts can be used to make a priest

Dimitris likes this.
  2. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ok so i take thw oracle parts and just make him sit on a the small cycle? Also how many points the whole starting it is along with the oracle?also where ill find the scroll for the oracle?

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

If you have a ScarVet on Carnosaur, use him as General!

The model of the oracle skink, mounted afoot on a small circle base, can be used as skink priest / starpriest.
    The warscroll for the priest / starpriest are in our battletome, and the cost is 100 pts. If you don't have it and must look at the old Lizardmen warscolls, still available, you will find only the warscroll for the skink priest.

There is no warscroll for a "Skink Oracle", as it is just the rider for a troglodon, so it works with the warscroll of the Troglodon.

Dimitris likes this.
  4. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ok so along with the priest how many points do i got with the entire start set?

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

ScarVet opn carno - 260
    skink priest - 100
    unit of 10 saurus warriors: 100
    unit of 5 saurus knights: 120

if you can proxy 2 oval bases, you can field 2 units of 5 knights each, for 240 pts.
    Basically, with just the start collecting, you can field a 700 pts army with relative ease.

Heck, you could even proxy one of the remaining saurus warriors as poor men's Astrolith Bearer, if you give him as banner, the standard of the knights or the plaque of the Oracle!

Dimitris likes this.
  6. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Alright ty how many models do i need to reach 1000? And what u would recomed?also how to post my army? I took 3 pics of my army how do i post em?

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

a Bastiladon is 300 pts ;)

To post pictures, you should upload them on a site that act as host (photobucket or similar), then you click on the link "image" (the icon with a mountain skyline, near the smile), and paste the link of the picture

Dimitris likes this.
  8. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Exept a bastiladon any other general or army that i can put :D?

9. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Attached Files:

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

You probably wants more sauruses: 10 are good just to sit upon an objective.
    Usually, a second "start collecting" is great. The 2 combined will give you the chance to field 3 units of 5 knights and proxy a champion as ScarVet on Cold One, thus fielding also the Firelance Starhost Battalion.
    And you can build a second carnosaur or the troglodon.

And as said previously, chameleon skinks are Always useful, and they are easily obtained by regular skinks with boltsplitters

Dimitris likes this.
  11. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

The chameloj skinks how much points they got* also how much a bastalion costs in your country?

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

chama skinks are 120 pts for a 5 x unit

A bastiladon is sold at 45 Euro

Dimitris likes this.
  13. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ok ty i checkes the shop i play but they only got skink regiment sone warriors and a carnosaurus... shall i tell em i want to order a bastiladon and skink chameleons and a sunblood? Or just a sunblood and a skink chameleon?

Killer Angel likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

hey, I'm giving only advices, it's up to you how you decide to spend your money... :p

A Sunblood is a beautiful model and a great general, but keep in mind that it needs some beef on which to put at use its command ability (read: more saurus warriors / knights).
    Regarding the Chama skinks...if I'm not wrong, a unit of 5 costs 15 Euro: if you're on a budget, or if you want to save money for something else, you can easily convert skinks into chama skinks

Crowsfoot and Dimitris like this.
  15. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ty but i want to get to go on 300 points in order to play anything recomeded but exept bastalion for those 300 points xD?

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

My suggestion:
    pick a box of skinks: it's 20 Euro and contains 24 skinks.
    10 of them can be used as regular skinks (80 pts)
    10 of them can be converted into 2 units of 5 x chama skinks (120 pts each)
    The Alpha skink could be converted into a Skink Chief (it's 80 pts): it won't serve you too much, cause it's useful only as general for a skink army... but that would work for the future.

So, with a really minimal expense you'll have 320 points of useful units (10 skinks are fast and can take objectives or act as disposable screen to avoid charges on your precious carnosaur) .

With what you've already got (from the starter box), you have suddenly a 1020 pts army.

is that too much, and you would like to have exactly 1000?

Because you could buy a salamander (60 pts) and use it instead of the skinks.
    Speaking about salamanders, you can do something else.
    Remember that the skink box contains 24 of them?
    you use 10 as skinks, 10 as chama skinks, 1 as skink chief... the last 3 can be assembled with javelin and used as handlers. At this point you just need to find something to use as salamander (a single khorne flesh hound is perfect, on ebay you'll find it at a lower price than regular sallies).

Dimitris likes this.
  17. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ty mate for the possitive feedback no i dint need 1k exacly so ill consider it taking a skink box :D

Killer Angel likes this.