1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day to you all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HDBrones, Nov 13, 2017.

1. HDBrones
    Jungle Swarm

HDBrones New Member

Hello,

My name is Henry and I've been a huge fan of Seraphon since I was a youngling but I was never able to get into the hobby because it was far too expensive at the time (I mean, it still kind of is, but it's my money I'm spending these days, not my folks', haha). Many years pass by and a few months ago (roughly around the time 40k was getting it's 8th Ed.) I find myself once again scouring the Games-Workshop website looking over the Seraphon army. So I call my local shop, drive the 45 minute trip to end up having an introductory game with the AoS Starter Set and paint my very first model a Stormcast Liberator.

I left the shop with a handful of paints, a Start Collecting! Seraphon set, and a brush. I'm absolutely in love with the hobby. I find myself constantly watching videos on YouTube or Twitch, looking up paint jobs on Pinterest, talking to a couple of my friends on Discord about our hobby, and always try to give myself some time to try and visit my store for maybe a cheeky game (Which hasn't been able to happen yet. Everyone in the shop I go to always seems to be doing something else important, but oh well. One day!)

These are a couple of pictures of some near complete painted models. I have done a lot more on them recently, but haven't gotten any recent photos (Note to self: Get new photos).

I hope you can all accept me as a fellow Lustrian and it looks like I'll have a good time on this Forum. 23515986_10155417896174160_1613331160_n.jpg 23574155_10155417896069160_607475209_n.jpg 23584202_10155417896394160_209047697_o.jpg 23599931_10155417896169160_1189482261_o.jpg 23600847_10155417896074160_1068884172_o.jpg

Sorry if this is too long!

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It can never be too long ;)

Welcome aboard and what a cracking start you have made, looking forward to more pics.

HDBrones likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    Good start with those models! I especially like the albino priest with the blue tail, very cool and unique (as fas as I know at least) paint scheme.
    Looking forward to more. :)

HDBrones likes this.
  4. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! Those are some brilliant looking models!

HDBrones likes this.
  5. HDBrones
    Jungle Swarm

HDBrones New Member

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to actually finish my models someday soon. Fingers crossed before Christmas, eh? Haha. I'll see if I can get a couple more photos tomorrow after work!

Thank you very much, Aginor. I got the inspiration for that paint job from the Blue Tailed Skink, tried to get it as close as possible, haha.

Cheers for the welcome, ravagekitteh!

Attached Files:

Warden and Scalenex like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

The only thing I don't like about that idea is that it wasn't MY idea. Those are beautiful animals. :)

Scalenex and HDBrones like this.
  7. HDBrones
    Jungle Swarm

HDBrones New Member

Hahah, I thought I was getting some serious C&C there for a second! Yeah they're really cool looking little fellas! I'm trying to keep my Lizards schemes to reflect Australian reptiles (except for these Saurus Warriors and Carnosaur in my set). Another example would be that my Cold Ones will reflect Blue Tongue Lizards.

Attached Files:

Warden and Aginor like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Real life animals are very good inspiration indeed, I based my Troglodon on a Green Iguana and I am quite happy with it.

HDBrones likes this.
  9. HDBrones
    Jungle Swarm

HDBrones New Member

Yeah, the problem I seem to find is actually choosing which animal/reptile you'd like to use for reference. There's just too many dang options! Oh, that would be a really cool looking Troglodon!

Scalenex and Aginor like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

HDBrones likes this.
  11. HDBrones
    Jungle Swarm

HDBrones New Member

That was one of your first models? Wow! It's a really good paint job! Such a cool idea as well. Those Terradons are a really nice colour too! Love, love, love the purples.

Aginor likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Thanks!
    Yeah those Terradons were just an idea that sprang into my mind and I did it. Halfway through I had my doubts because they looked like straight out of a Barbie catalogue but then they turned out pretty nice.

HDBrones likes this.
  13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I love your first models. I really like the idea of turning to real world lizards for inspiration.

Anyway, let us know if you have any questions about game play, painting, or fluff!