1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog First time painting

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by CerealKiller, Feb 28, 2011.

1. CerealKiller
    Jungle Swarm

CerealKiller New Member

My boyfriend just got me into Warhammer and this is my first army and first time painting models. This is my saurus warrior champion. I haven't done his base yet though. Lol Any tips or comments? =)
    IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

2. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

I think for a first paint job it shows alot of promise. My first jobs were not nearly as good, of course i was 10 or so, that may be why, but know i'm at a professional enough level that people hire me to do their models. This is definately a good start, keep it up. Also as a new painter ink washes can be your best friend.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

For your first model, I would be prety proud of that one. :)
    keep up the good work.

4. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Yeah looks great. You did a better job if darkening between the scales than I have to date

5. CerealKiller
    Jungle Swarm

CerealKiller New Member

Thanks for the feed back guys. =) I'm learning new things here and there from some painting sites and s a few friends. I'm also slowly working on a stegadon so I'll post that when I finally finish him. And I didn't want to use too much wash on him because I wanted my lizards to be really bight colors and I'm afraid if I wash them more they'll come out too dark for my liking. Lol

6. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

what you could do is wash them and then do your highlighting so the wash only stays in all the cracks that way you don't lose vibrancy and in fact you create a better tonal range.

7. Infyra
    Skink

Infyra New Member

I should post a picture of my 1st eldar guardian. Pitiful compared to you're first model. Well done. And I agree with the above poster. A wash 1st then your highlighting will really help bring out the details on the model.

8. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

Haha, im about to start my 40k eldar army soon XD
    Btw nice job, once again as said above i started painting (nids) when i was 10 and yeh amazing for a first paint job! It kind of has a airbrushed effect looks sweet, goodluck painting.

9. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

Great work for a first mini! Keep at it and remember that washes are the greatest thing ever created!

I'd suggest taking your pictures a little farther back, helps make the mini not look so huge =).

10. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

I'm just envious that your camera can capture any of that, i'd love to show off my models too but the pictures all come out as blurry horrible wrecks.

sidenote: Divinor, i'm loving the beasts, I haven't seen anyone go with that scheme but it's excellent.

11. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

If you are worried about the brigtness of your washes you can make your own one part paint one water and one a good acrylic floor wax (Pledge one go) or you could try inking instead.
    Redeyefrog