1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding new gamers

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by lupercal, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

does anybody know any good sites to find new gamers my group lost a couple of guys recently and we were looking for new players any help would be great

2. Surge
    Jungle Swarm

Surge New Member

I don't know any sites but you should check out your local gaming store or a GW store. Usually there are events for locals and you can meet other gamers in the area.

3. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

our town and store are too small for gw events and for some reason most of the players in the area don't play at the store i talked a guy in the store into playing not to long ago ( i had a post about brets for this game) and crushed him now he don't want to play anymore mabye i should have went easy on him but he said he never lost before so i went all out and that's that (i thought it was childish though)

4. Toastee
    Skink

Toastee New Member

Does your local store run a club?

Depending on how old you are, you could always try startings a gaming club up. A lot of work though, but if you can rope people into help, that will make things a bit better.

5. Benman
    Skink

Benman New Member

That's the crap with GW. They tend to only open stores in big towns and forget about the medium sized towns and villages. The most common way to find players is to go there where they meet: In stores that have a room to play. Otherwise it is plain difficult to find new players.
    Here in the Netherlands i only see GW-stores being closed, not opened. Probaly has soemthing to do with revenues/profits.

I can not imagine someone who's interested in Warhammer is starting on Warhammer if he can not find anyone to play with.

That's where the problem starts. Who's willing to travel many miles/kilometers to be able to play or start playing Warhammer? Not many, i can assure you.

Fact: There's just not enough stores worldwide. :rolleyes:

6. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

I have a friend that posted an ad on Kijiji looking for players. Dunno if he has gotten any responses though.

7. Youngblood
    Skink

Youngblood New Member

While I don't know of any sites for specifically that use (adultgamingfriendfinder.com? ;) ) I can offer a few places to search for fresh blood. Check out local game stores for tournaments and go to a few of those. Maybe you'll meet a few new faces there. Try going to Gaming Conventions, or even GT's/ Indy GT's.