1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Star Wars films and Characters?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Apr 27, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

You really seem to be fond of that character. :D

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Nah Baze would shoot Rey to pieces and then turn and shoot HK-47 in a hail of fire

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

So now we can bring in allies. You probably shouldn't have done that...

You can have Nah Baze... but he'll be up against Luke Skywalker. Good luck!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Bearing in mind Baze is this chap
    [​IMG]
    I don't fancy Luke's chances.
    Luke was never as strong as Obi-Wan, Anakin or Yoda.

Bowser likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Luke is a Jedi Grandmaster. The offspring of Anakin Skywalker. According to George Lucas, Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever. Baze is nothing compared to him. Luke could take out the entire Rogue One group single-handily. This isn't even a fair contest; it's such a simple victory for Luke, it's laughable.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Not really. Baze can fire a stream of shots like a machine gun, and could easily overpower Luke at range. Not even the greatest Jedi can stop a hail of bullets. Ki-Adi-Mundi tried it, and he was on the council - he was far more intelligent than Luke is (he needed a second heart just to support his brain) and was skilled in using telekinetic powers yet even he was brought low by Clone Troopers with their rapid-fire blasters (as seen in Figure 1). He was also very powerful, and was immensely difficult to train as a child because of this. Now Baze has an even more powerful blaster so he could tear Luke to shreds. Failing that, he could always fire a rocket at him (see figure 2) - not even Obi-Wan could stop a rocket (see figure 3).

Figure 1 - poor old Ki-Adi-Mundi being overpowered by his Clone allies due to Order 66.

[​IMG]

Figure 2 - Baze and his rocket launcher

Figure 3 - Jango Fett with his missile launcher jet pack - one of these missiles sent Obi-Wan flying, and would have killed him if not for his Force sensitivity.
    [​IMG]
    Obi-Wan was always more powerful than Luke, so Luke would be screwed.

Then if Luke still won, Cassian could just shoot him in the head with his sniper rifle (see Figure 4). Jedi can't defeat snipers.

Figure 4 - "He had his blaster in sniper configuration."
    [​IMG]
    As for Lucas saying Luke was the most powerful Jedi ever, he also said his favourite character was Jar Jar Binks. Don't believe me? Look at this link:

http://time.com/4119022/george-lucas-revealed-favorite-star-wars-character-jar-jar-binks/

I don't mind Jar Jar but you can't stand him, you've made that clear. Do you then really value the credibility of Lucas as a source?

Bowser likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

@2:06 A hail of bullets can be easily stopped by a Jedi

Firstly, he was caught between between his former clone troopers and the enemy droid army... definitely a tough situation. Second, he is not as powerful as Luke becomes. Remember that we only see Luke on screen during the earliest stages of his Jedi training.

Using a blaster is suicide... rookie mistake #1. The second you fire a blaster at a skilled Jedi you are dead via blaster bolt redirection.

There are many solutions:
    • You could telekentically deflect the rocket
    • You could pull the rocket launcher from your opponent
    • You could force choke them before they get a chance to fire
    • You could use the force to prevent the rocket from firing
    • You could force crush the rocket launcher
    Just because Obi Wan didn't do it in that one scene does not mean there aren't counter measures. Obi Wan was very well trained... but he was no where near as adept with the force as the Skywalker family.

So you think a Jedi that can deflect short range fire can't deflect one from long range? Ever play dodge ball? It's easier to dodge something traveling from much further away. And if your hope is to catch him unaware... that is what the force is good for.
    The character that he likes most is irrelevant. This is a world he created... he is the definitive source for canon. If he says Luke is the most powerful, then who are we to argue?

The problem with your argument is that you're pitting conventional humans wielding fairly conventional weapons against an opponent with essentially magical powers. All those attacks you mentioned require the character to aim and the opponent to fail blocking/deflecting/intercepting the attack. You have no countermeasure against a force choke. It requires no aim and as a result won't miss. It takes a fraction of a fraction of a second to implement. It can not be blocked. Plus you could just use the force to pick up your assailant and smash them into every solid structure around until they are nothing but paste. Luke is completely enhanced compared to your ragtag group. He can move faster, think faster, aim better (via the force) and is more resilient to damage. He can counteract their attacks, but they have no recourse against his. What would they do against force lightening (or in Luke's case it's called electric judgement).?

He has way to many ways to win.

Now if you include the EU, Luke becomes pretty much god-like. But even without, it isn't even a fair match.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah, even under Disney the only hard canon was the Lucas approved stuff. Before disney they had like a 3 tier system or something for continuity control. And now all the non Lucas approved canon is alternate universe.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh man, Star Wars lore was SUCH a mess.
    Part of me is glad a lot of the more absurd stuff has gone non-canonical, but it still hurts that so much of the great stuff is gone with it. I kinda liked Kyle Katarn and his story for example, also Mara Jade (at least the early stories).

That1Lizard and Bowser like this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It's not gone, it's on the lefends universe or timeline. But it needed to be done. They have an aggressive film schedule and you need to give the people creating the universe some freedom. While the legends EU was great, there were inconsistencies. Surprisingly few for 30+ years and multiple authors, but there were some. So it will be interesting to see how the new timeline goes. Having a multiverse is an amazing way to get bew creators and old creators to tell their own stories, have them intermix and intertwine. And when they don't, new multiverse.

11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I kinda disagree. Those multiverse things make me sad. I like it when stuff actually fits together.
    Case in point: the Marvel universe, where nobody knows what the hell happened because every story was told a dozen times differently and every single story contradicts all others. Arrggh...

Bowser likes this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

At the end of the day the stories are still there, just as they always were. Claiming that something is non-canon is essentially meaningless. We're talking about made up stories.

I will admit that some the EU stories are a bit, shall we say, messy. But some of it was pure gold. The Thrawn trilogy and the Darth Bane trilogy were the best of the best when it comes to Star Wars.

Bowser likes this.
  13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

download (7).jpg
    Remember the green rabbit. Some stuff was thrown out of continuity long before Disney.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

How did Bigwig from Watership Down turn green?

Bowser likes this.
  15. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

My favourite Star Wars film was Rogue One, mainly because of all the fan service and references. I am also a massive fan of a Star Wars The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. I think they are at least as well put together as the movies, and the stories are just as good in my opinion.

As for favourite character, I think it would have to be Kit Fisto. He's such a cool character I think. In fact, the only Star Wars conspiracy theory I believe is that he survived Order 66. I also absolutely love Embo (and Marrok. Marrok is just as important a part of his character as Embo himself is). You can't not love the fact he has a pet Anooba, and his skills are incredible. Sugi and the Halo are pretty cool, and Zatt I think should have also survived Order 66 and became Kit Fisto's Padawan. With the new Canon I think that would be perfectly possible, and hopefully the idea doesn't sound too much like it's just your typical fanfiction, although I know it probably does.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Kit Fisto did survive Order 66 because he accompanied Mace Windu to arrest Sidious in Revenge of the Sith where he was promptly killed by Sidious.

Rogue One is one of my faves too. Go Rogue everyone!

I did like seeing Embo in the Clone Wars because he's one of the few good Bounty Hunters in Star Wars and I don't know if you played Star Wars Galactic Defence but I was able to get him as a playable character, and his special ability was unleashing Marrok to savage enemy troops!
    [​IMG]

Bowser likes this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Order 66 was given and enacted AFTER Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and company tried to arrest Sidious.

Bowser likes this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

True that, my bad. So Kit Fisto couldn't have survived Order 66 because he was killed by Sidious before it even happened.

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  19. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

What I mean is that I think Kit Fisto should've survived his encounter with Palpatine. I sort of consider Palpatine's attempted arrest as part of the whole 'Order 66 event'. If you go on YouTube there is a video that gives enough proof for the writers to go on for him to survive, and even though it originally was a gaff, it would be far more interesting for them to retcon it as him still being alive. But yeah, I think he should have survived Palpatine's arrest, and Order 66, and gone into hiding with Zatt as his Padawan and maybe teaming up with Embo and Sugi. That would be pretty perfect for me. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I'd thought it was obvious that's what I meant when I said survived.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That would actually make a very interesting rewrite of a New Hope. I'm already rewriting it featuring the Rogue One characters, so perhaps you could do your own rewrite featuring Kit and Co.

Bowser likes this.