1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Farsight's painting log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Farsight, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Hi everyone i have already painted my scar vet, skink priest and some saurus. I'm going to update this topic when i get new units/models painted. First i post my small block of 12 saurus. It is almost finished and i need to paint few more models

2. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Re: Farsights army painting

My first 8 saurus (Sorry i have been very lazy and have only 8 saurus completed. I painted 2 today...)

Saurus001.jpg

Saurus002.jpg

Saurus003.jpg

Saurus004.jpg

Saurus006.jpg

Champion

Saurus005.jpg

Standard bearer

Saurus007.jpg

musician

More pictures coming (probably) tomorrow or weekend

3. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

And By the way, can you leave some comments i would really like to get some feedback

4. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

I can't tell by the pics, but are you using a wash on the metals? it'll give them a bit more definition.

I don't know how much work you want to put into these either, but I would suggest maybe a few highlights, or even just going back to the areas you washed and reapplying the base coat (careful not to get it in the crevices where the wash is) so that you get more definition.

If you want to take it a step further than that, highlights are relatively simple. Get a lighter version of your base, and then mix it 1:1 with your base. Apply it to all the raised parts of the model, again being careful not to cover up all of the base coat ( you want to leave a little showing to further increase the definition)

If you aren't lookin to spend a lot of time on them though, I'd say they are lookin good for table top

5. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Right now i'm just trying to get some models painted so my army would look while playing. i'm going to add some details to them later and i focus more on invidual models. They are just regular troopers and they dont have to be so well painted as scar vets, stegadons etc.

6. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

Looks good for quick rank and file unit bashing. However get them based. Does the model wonders and just makes them look far better. Just some sand (dont even paint it if your as lazy as me!) or grass will do the trick.

And try using a couple of thin layers rather than one thick one. Makes models look look far better (as this comes from a guy who does it due to his terrible r&f painting...damn skelles...) than just a blotchy scheme.

Keep painting and get up the pictures.

Lloyd

7. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

I know i should base them i just dont have basing materials yet :( btw i just remembered i have a almost painted cold one so i decided to put some pics here. I have to still paint some details to it. Thanks for feedback, more pictures will come in few days

Coldone001.jpg

Coldone002.jpg

Coldone003.jpg

Coldone004.jpg

8. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

Might help the figure if you just complete the eyes you can use a very fine felt style pen to do the pupils just a dot or slit.If the pen is fine enough yo can even go around the edges of the eyes.

9. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Yeah i know that but i dont know how but i alwayss fail the eyes :(

10. CaptMac
    Skink

CaptMac New Member

For brining out the eyes I sometimes use a wee bit of watered down black ink, paint it over the eye, wait a second and then give it a rum with a dry thumb. It won't give you a pupil but it brings them out a bit.

11. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

I painted pupils to my saurus and they were really good. Much better than i thought. Later today i send you picture of my block of 12 saurus. I hope you like them

12. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Sorry for keeping you waiting my camera wasnt workng well so i just uploaded photos. Enjoy! more pictures coming later...

Saurusregiment001.jpg

Saurusregiment002.jpg

Saurusregiment003.jpg

Saurusregiment004.jpg

Saurusregiment005.jpg

Saurusregiment006.jpg

Saurusregiment007.jpg

Now its time for your choice.... What i paint next? Skinks, more saurus or CoC. First who posts will have his wish granted! And like always feedback would be nice ;)

13. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Now i finished my first regular skink who is going to be a skink brave... He is my first skink so i really like to have feedback of him :D

SkinkBrave003.jpg

SkinkBrave001.jpg

SkinkBrave002.jpg

14. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

I Like the eyes , if its not too much meddling you could use a wash on the teeth it would help sepeate them and neaten the lip. A good wash mix I have found can be made 1 part paint 1 part pledge one go (acrylic floor polish) watered to taste. A wash on the claws would also help. I do like your color scheme and your figure will look good when they are based.

15. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Ok, thanks but I still want to know what to paint next :jawdrop: So first post chooses

16. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

i would continue with your skinks until you get basing materials then because skinks are quick to paint the you can finish the one you are on then base everything :)

17. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

I have been very busy today so i had no time to paint. :( I only finsihed 1 skink so I wont post anything today unless i paint the whole evening... Pictures coming tomorrow or today if i paint hell much

18. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

I decided to post picture of my finished skink so you get atleast some pictures. Enjoy!

Skink.jpg

Skink002.jpg

Skink003.jpg

Skink004.jpg

And skinks on progress

19. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

A job well done thus far! Keep up the good work Farsight. Since you've already started doing skinks I will vote skinks lol!

20. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Hi again guys, i still havent painted my skinks yet, because i have been very busy. yesterday when i painted skinks, I accidentally dropped a skink and its hand broke. i glued it to place but there was a little hole there so i made it look like a wound. hope you like it. Try to see the wound in hand!

WoundedSkink002.jpg

WoundedSkink001.jpg