1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Every warscroll at you disposal

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Trociu, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Ok, so I read Dwarfs and Lizardmen scroll and few topics here. Many of you say that you can put just a Slann and summon the rest of the army but i don't think it is possible. Why?

There is no information that Warscrolls are to your disposal, so the rules in them come into play only when you field proper unit. Yes it means you have to field Kroq-Gar to summon another one. He is not SC so you can have many Kroq-Gars on the Battlefield! I think it may be temporary situation - all SC are dead (since it's thousands of years after end times etc.), and new heroes will come in later updates.

Maybe that's why there is nothing in Slanns Warscroll about summoning rest of the army? And partially that's why ambushers are placed "to one side" (as I understand this english sentence it means placed near the battlefield so everyone knew he can show up right?).

Thoughts?

Ixt likes this.
  2. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

So if Kroq-Gar dies, you could just re-summon him?

With Lizardmen, the problem is not as big as for the other races, where dead SC are concerned, as a lot of Lizardmen are basically immortal.

Warning!

[Rant]
    If they wanted to get rid of the characters, I guess they would have done that, with this age of Sigmar, they just ruined fanatsy anyway, so they might as well have killed of all characters and said: "Here are new characters that you need to buy".
    [Rant over]

3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

To the OP,

That's how I viewed it as well. You receive NO warscroll benefits unless you field that warscroll, including summoning.

Iskander likes this.
  4. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

I can't agree with you rant. Of course no one likes to spend tons of money but apperance of new characters seem good too me. And with my monthly payment I should be last one to say it. It may give the world a dynamic history. It makes more possibilities. Of course if it won't be new character every month for every army so collectioners could afford to buy everything from faction ;)

Ixt likes this.
  5. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I was not trying to say that they should not make new characters, I am just dissapointed in the age of sigmar, and that is basically it. It might be a good game at the end, but I just do not think it is for me, I rather like something along the lines of 8th.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Can't say "Alleluja" to that :rolleyes:

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

The limiting factor is that Slann can only do three spells per hero phrase.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It would be a risky tactic anyways... if the enemy unbinds/dispels your spell you're screwed. And what happens if you face a fully decked out Lizardmen army that also uses Slann to summon even more troops?

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

We win. What's not to like?

Except for our Slann not being part if a TG unit... :meh:

Trociu likes this.