1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Dumbledore's Army (army shots and new work)

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Dumbledore, Jun 27, 2009.

1. b3rtil
    Saurus

b3rtil Member

It's not DE, it's just a cold one walking his pet DE =D

Crazy nice painting mate. love the standard.

2. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

My local store is having a NMM competition so I thought I'd give the technique a try. Here is Sigvald on a 20mm base (so that I can use him as a druchii).

sig1.jpg

sig2.jpg

sig3.jpg

sig4.jpg

3. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

I always admire your work!

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very cool - amazing work! If I wanted to be really critical, I would say it looks a little bit too blue, but still looks great anyway.

5. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Hi, I'm a harpy, nice to meet you:

DSC02371.jpg

My brethren, all currently unassembled, have Khorne markings all over them - should these be shaved off? Or is the symbol of Khorne also a symbol of Khaine and therefore appropriate for creatures which are supposedly "manifestations of Khaine" (armybook bestiary)? Don't worry, I'm based on a 20mm square and I might have some of the more Tyranid aspects of my wings smoothed over with green stuff as well as any mold lines removed and gaps sealed. Cool. Oh, and my back foot might look a bit awkward, but it looks sweet in real life

In the background you can see the BG front rank which are currently about 1/4 done. I've had loaaads of work this week as well as family friends visiting London, needing taking out for dinner etc.

Jorgik likes this.
  6. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

DSC02381.jpg
    It's been a long, long week with little free time. The 1000point list is ready, with only one model not yet arrived. This guy will be a spotter in the second rxb unit, replacing the musician. I'm currently converting the last three COKnights right now.

I'm really happy with how the harpies look. I should be collecting some ghoul hands today so, with a bit of green stuff as well, some of them wont have clenched right fists.

I really hope I finish the BG by the end of next week, then move on to either some harpies or the two RBTs.

7. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

All of your work is awesome! I love it.
    I really like those harpies. I had a similar idea but I am going to use daemonettes instead of bloodletters. Are the wings you used the tyranid gargoyle wings? I was thinking about using them but I kind of want to see how they would look so if those are the gargoyle wings I will be sure to use them

8. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

I took a week and a half's break, but the BG front rank are pretty much done. I spy a couple of details that need touching up but the main thing to do now is the banner freehand. I'm also considering redoing the black cloaks of the command group and adding a blue flame freehand around the bottom.

DSC02397.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Realised I'd not updated this in ages.

This is what I'm working on now, for a friend:

Archon2.jpg

And this is the only real thing that I've done not on here (I took a big big break from painting and playing):

DSC02404.jpg
    DSC02411.jpg

10. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

wow ime simply amzed with your painting skills, it looks to me like on some of your blues like they are magical and have some type of aurua around them...keep it up !

11. Tiktaqto
    Skink

Tiktaqto New Member

Very nice work! :jawdrop:

I really like the big leaves on the bases. Can you tell us how you did those?

12. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Archon3.jpg

More progress, next I'll do the gold parts. The angle of the blending on the sword and pyramid look off because both of those arms are out of place as they are not glued down. The spike on his back is painted but not in this photo, as it is not glued on.

Thanks guys.

@Tiktaqto They are brass etched leaves from the warhammer basing kit which I bent into shape and glued down.

13. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Looking really good so far! Only thing is IMO, he is a little bright for a dark elf, then again, he's not finished!

14. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Don't worry, the red cloak will be very dark - it will tone things down.