1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Dual Oldblood Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Haemoglobin, May 29, 2015.

1. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Hello

I've been thinking, how would a dualcarno list do when instead of a BSB you bring a second Oldblood.

You can easily fit the two of them in the 50% Lord of a 2k list:

OB 1
    Carnosaur, Looping Stride, Bloodroar
    Great Weapon
    Armor of destiny, Crown of Command, Dragonbane Gem

496 points

OB2
    Carnosaur, Looping Stride, Bloodroar
    Great Weapon
    Light Armor
    Talisman of Preservation, Sacred Stegadon Helm

500 points

Both have a 2 + and a 4++. One is Stubborn while the other would have the benefit of +1 T and impact hits.

Thoughts? Comments?

StinkySkinky likes this.
  2. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

StinkySkinky Active Member

I have two Carnosaurs and would love to run both of them too, I'd love to hear others opinions on this! - I'm yet to play my first actual game though aha! :D

3. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Well the most common DualCarno list has an Oldblood as General and a Svar-Veteran as BSB. Check the Lizardmen Tactica for some very very useful links on how to use them.

4. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

They both actually have a 1+ 4++
    Maybe you forgot to count the +1 for mounted ;)

5. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Oh yeah, my bad :p

6. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

Beware of any list that has 2 or more cannons, they will likely kill both carnosaurs with relative ease.

7. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

The ancient argument against this sort of list remains:''Yes, but what about the cannons''? Cannons counters monsters to hard, so you can't go all in on them and expect to have a strong list. It sure can work, but some lists just counter you to hard with a basic unit that is costeffective on it's own right. Might be fun if you know which army you will play, do not have this as an all-comers list.

I hope the new BRB nerfs cannons. Lower hit chances, maybe only D3 wounds? We all keep dreaming..

8. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

I'm well aware of the danger that cannons and other warmachines pose but I am mostly wondering on how much difference it would make to take an additional Oldblood instead of a Scar-Veteran BSB.

9. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want him to do. If you don't need the extra points for magic items and you mostly take him because of the carnosaur, i'd say go for the scar vet. If you want two brutal killingmachines (technically four, when the mounts are taken into account), go for the Oldblood.

10. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Well I do like the fact that you can tool them more and they have that extra wound which helps. Could also tool them so both have a 2++ against fire. Then I could also try and get as many units in there that can keep their own without a BSB. For instance Ripperdactyl Riders are ITP, an 18 inch general bubble helps with the frenzy checks and if they were to lose combat having a BSB wont help them because they are usually screwed if they lose combat.