1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dracothion Tail Big Toad Little Toad

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by darren watson, Nov 6, 2017.

1. darren watson
    Kroxigor

darren watson Well-Known Member

Post Blood and glory and looking at ways to deal with Khardron Overlords, Changehost Tzeentch etc. Only game I lost was due Kroak wiffing it so also need a way to make him more consistent.

Here's my initial thoughts but there's plenty to tinker with.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Lord Kroak (450)
    Slann Starmaster (260) - General - Incandescent Retrices - Vast Intellect
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240) - Warblade - Coronal Sheild
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160) - Light of Dracotion

10 x Saurus Knights (300) - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100) - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100) - Lances
    40 x Skinks (200) - Boltspitters Shields

Firelance Starhost (110)
    Dracothion's Tail (60)

Reinforcement Points (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400

Plan is to utterly annihilate your opponent first turn and put him under so much pressure Kroak is free to go off a few turns guaranteed (or as close as you can get to that).

1 drop lists are no longer a thing really, but this one is so you get the choice. Plan would be to deploy Carno and knights using Draco Tail and teleport a Curse fated Kroak behind them. Buff these units up with -1 to hit and mystic and then vortex push them into an easy charge/surprise charge (knights have plus 3) so Blood Roar will be in range of all those units that are taking battle shock tests for extra bodies running. Astrolith can also be deployed to allow reroll hits depending on how well he can be defended by the 40 Skinks and 10 knights. A Light of Dracothion is now in range on any scary spell user for a tasty unbind..

Slann pops his command ability and now Kroak is rerolling armour saves in the shooting phase if you are lucky and he can get in range.

all of the Slann's star rolls help out but you hope for plus 1 to cast as Kroak will have up top plus 4 to cast. He will also have up to plus 2 to dispel, 4 times with no range..

Use Kroaks spells and knights to clear chaff and let the Carno into something tasty

Probably one the most exciting ideas I've ever had haha. Just need to get it on the table before Fyreslayers take over the world.

Possible alternatives:

Drop 40 skinks and run 15 knights with 120 points to summon 3 Razordons

Drop the same and include an Engine of the Gods

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Shawry, Crowsfoot, Tizianolol and 4 others like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmm interesting plan.
    I have to think about it. On first glance it doesn't look stronger than your previous list, although of course it has a lot of synergies going...

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Man you really went wild on this one. Love the idea !

4. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

I like the look of that. I have not tried the vortex push with a Carno and Knights, although if you stack the Knights into double ranks I don't see why it would not work perfectly well.

The Knights are not as killy as Rippers but with the Toad FAQ making the Rippers so awkward to utilise maybe having them be more dependable and more durable makes up for it. If you are brave you can summon in the Astrolith bearer close enough for them to re-roll hits - at which point they actually do get some killing done.

5. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

@darren watson can you explain how dracothion works? In this forum there eeee many discussions about that. When you say deploy knights and carno with dracothion, you mean you summon them. It count as maximum Number of summons of your kroak (4) or slann? Or they Are free summons and you can "summon" like 5 units of saurus for exemple?:)

6. darren watson
    Kroxigor

I
    If you're really brave, deploy them near mystical terrain and the deploy the Astrolith. Then there's quite a few mortal wounds flying about

Seraphage likes this.
  7. darren watson
    Kroxigor

8. darren watson
    Kroxigor

This is something I'll have look at later. Just about to go to sleep. Initially you need to summon 3 units for the combo to work and have 7 spells at your disposal, so either way it'll work. I assumed they were free summons that didn't reduce your ability to cast

Tizianolol likes this.
  9. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Looking at it and reading what's about, I believe the summons are free. You can summon what you like from the units in the warscroll and then cast your spells.

We'll find out soon, Jack Armstrong has contacted me over Twitter and is going to be running the list minus the 40 skinks and upping the 10 cavalry to 15 with 120 summoning pool in an upcoming event in London. So we'll get to hear about how it does in the hands of one of the UK's best players.
    Happy days ☺

10. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Happy he's gonna try it in London because we will finally have an official answer for the most badly written batallion of GH2 that doesn't make sense to most players and thus I can't even playtest it in tournaments in my region :p

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Interesting list.
    I will think about it, maybe you can change a thing or 2, but the concept sounds fun.

Crowsfoot and darren watson like this.
  12. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Loads to tinker with :) happy for your thoughts mate

Paul Beenis and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

Ehm sry but what do you mean with Toad FAQ?o_O

14. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

The tournament scene are currently treating the last FAQ as meaning that the Blot Toad can only be deployed at all if the Ripperdactyls are on the table in the first Hero phase - which Rippers "off the table" waiting to drop in later cannot then do. It makes the Shadowstrike Starhost rather feeble on its own unless you then contrive to have another unit of Ripperdactyls whose toad *can* be deployed.

15. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

Mh in which FAQ is this mentioned? Cause for me the rule is very clear that you can set up a toad for every unit of Rippers you have in your army list. This tournament rule sounds strange for me :/

16. Seraphage
    Stegadon

It balances many things from many armies or so people say ( I m still struggling to 100% know ours, haven't worked on other armies yet ) and you indeed must have 1 unit on the table turn 1 in order to have a frog nowdays !

17. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

Mh ok but in which FAQ? Can't remember i have read something like this.

18. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Jack came 6th I think with the list at Angelcore in London this weekend. Decent showing I reckon

19. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Nice ! What did they say about Dracothions' Tail as I recall he would play ?
    What is the official answer of how this horribly written scroll is being played ? :p

Aginor likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Very interested in that as well!