1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Dispel Dice rule help

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by FrozenLizards, Nov 18, 2008.

1. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

I was wondering about the staff of sorcery and how it is factored. If i take a slann 4th gen and a priests w/ the staff of sorcery What r the dispel rules? Will all my dispel roles be at a +2? or do I have to give it to the Slann?

2. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

I'm pretty sure that the staff would bump you to +2, regardless of who's bearing it,

3. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

Technically, the wording states that the bearer of the item gets the bonus to dispel. But since the new rules do not place a stigma on each wizard using individual dispel dice pools like they do with the power dice, I don't see why you don't just say that the bearer of the staff is the one doing all of the dispelling.

So yes, I do believe that anyone bearing that item automatically bumps your dispel dice pool up with the bonus. I may be wrongthough, as the magic phase is definitely not my strong suit.

4. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

The issue tho, is whether it would grant you a +2 when stacked with a slann's ability. And the answer is, you would have to give it to the slann. Think of it this way. Dispel dice work just as power dice, except that there are no restrictions on who can use what dice (as in 6th edition). Your slann is still using the dice. When he dies, you would loose the +2 to dispel. If the skink priest has the staff of sorcery, if one dies you still maintain the +1 to dispel until the other dies.

5. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

wow, ok this is the awnser i was looking for. thank you for the rule clarification. Love this forum.

6. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

The abilities stack for +2 to dispel.