1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Death Slann

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by strewart, Dec 14, 2011.

1. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Because of the only two extra dice per turn rule, so if you have no stuff that counts as extra PD you can get a maxiumum of two dice out of it, which is far less than the 4+ you'd gain usually.

2. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

For 0pts 2 extra PDs per turn isnt bad (as I had 2 slanns, they can only have one dicipline each)

3. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The thing is if you hae loremaster it becomes one PD, and if you have two it's useless.

4. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Agree, if you've got loremaster then it's pretty bad

5. Taipan
    Temple Guard

Taipan Member

Ah k, I like the idea (Rat Ogres are what I wish Kroxigor were). How does he fare against other opponents with it?
    Fair enough. If you want it to be a bit more consistent (because technically 'Pit' and 'Comet' can still be used, and they're easily the most destructive spells of their Lores), it might be better to include them on your list.
    Shadow doesn't really require fielding the Slann solo, and I'd hesitate to do so. Everybody and their dog takes magical weapons on their combat heroes, so 'Ethereal' can't help you, and 4+ ward will only last so long.

Great, so they make it completely useless as a Discipline. What possible justification do they have for this? It's not like we have a lot of useful Disciplines to begin with, and we already pay an obscene amount for the Slann.

6. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Thus ETC can bite me :p
    Around here we just do the no special chars thing, and sometimes not even that.

7. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Hello,
    Yes ETC is pretty annoying for Lizardmen, some of my friends joke that they will soon nerf everthing that starts with "S" in a Lizardmen army for ETC rules:)
    As for Shadow Slann, Well I love it:) And it is quite possible to run a Shadow Slann in a TG unit, but You have to have Cupped Hands, and If you are Playing ETC than Soul Stone is a Good Dicipline.
    There is a nice Combo with Shadow Slann and TG:) first you Wither a unit a then use Blood Statue of the archmage there:):)
    But that about it, Its a Death Slann topic not a Shadow Slann:)
    Cheers

8. Taipan
    Temple Guard

Taipan Member

Haha, High Elves without Teclis? Do they even play?
    Works fine for us, our SC's are complete garbage.

I find Soul of Stone rather meh. You pay the exorbitant price for a slightly less damaging result on a table full of 'oh god why' results. It was good with the old chart, but the current one slaps you sideways no matter what result you roll up. If it let us re-roll one casting roll per magic phase that miscast (provided it wasn't IF), I'd take it in a heartbeat, but as it is, meh.

Don't always need 'Withering' up. Most Wizards are T3 anyway (with the notable exceptions of ours, Sorceror Lords, Slaughtermasters and maybe a handful of SC's), and you'll want to use it in your first magic phase, to kill off that Level 4 or General early on.