1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Complete noob looking for 500pt and 1000pt army help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by TheCrux, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TheCrux
    Saurus

TheCrux Member

Hi guys,

First off can I say just how helpful this forum has been to a Warhammer noob like myself. My friend has recently got me into playing it, by using his armies. After playing Total War for years, I naturally went onto the Warhammer games and fell in love with Lizardmen!

I have, as of right now, only bought the Start Collecting set. But I'm willing to make another investment to get the basics of a 1000pt army set up. These are my rough army ideas for a solid 500pt and 1000pt army. Please, any tips or changes will be greatly recommended!

500pt:

1 x Skink Starpriest - 80
    1 x Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold one - 100
    10 x Saurus Knights - 200
    10 x Saurus Warriors - 100
    (480 pt total)

Then my rough 1000pt army:

1 x Skink Starpriest - 80
    1 x Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold one - 100
    10 x Saurus Knights - 200
    10 x Saurus Warriors - 100
    1 x Oldblood on Carnosaur - 280
    3 x Razordons - 120
    5 x Chameleon Skinks - 120

I haven't started building yet, or settled on anything for definite, so feel free to criticise my choices at will. My friends main army is an Ironjawz one.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Man I love me some skinks. I think 40 skinks at 200 points is among the best value in the game. If you want to BEAT ironjawz, skinks (and shooting in general) will do the job. Razordons are nice too but they cost a lot of actual cash and skinks are so versatile. If you want to have FUN don't get too much shooting, but skinks aren't too evil. Best/most useful purchases for a new player in my opinion are skinks and bastilidon but really anything we have can be used well and have a fun matchup.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Have a look here too help you squeeze a bit more from your SC box.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...rom-your-start-collecting-seraphon-box.20560/

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Good call but maybe another SC box as well ;)

TheCrux likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    It is nice to see that the Total War Warhammer 2 game really makes a lot of people interested in Lizardmen/Seraphon.
    Hopefully that generates enough player interest and sales for GW so they consider doing some more for us. :)

TheCrux and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

For a beginner Saurus Knights might not be the best option as they are glass cannons and you may fell let down with their performance.

You need to get more wounds on the table and look at trying to synergies as much as possible which is hard at 500/1000 but it is doable.

Stay away from battalions as they will consume points that you could use on models.

You need to find your playstyle so then you can build to your strengths so I would probably go for another SC box as it's such a good deal, a box of Skinks and a Basilidon (you will love this)

AOS battleline troops (Skinks, Saurus warriors, Knights etc) work best in large numbers, 10 warriors for example will not last long but at 500 points your opponent will be in the same boat.

Your 500 point list is decent enough but as you move upto 1000 I would bulk out your warriors and add a Basilidon and Skinks at the expensive of the Knights, that way you will have played all 3 Battlelines and found which suits you best.

Welcome aboard and we hope to see you painting the models and starting a paint blog ;)

Aginor likes this.
  7. TheCrux
    Saurus

TheCrux Member

Great, thanks for this advice. This is really helpful.
    Yes I'm leaning towards some skinks now I think, instead of the knights. Along with a Basilidon. Thanks for the advice

Crowsfoot likes this.