1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clicking links -> Blank pages

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Benman, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Benman
    Skink

Benman New Member

When i click links in this forum, it does not open up a new page but uses the current open page. This is one of the few forums that work this way. I tend to close links with pictures and then have to start all over again, logging into lustria-online, etc etc.

2. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

There are two ways you can avoid this:

Hold CTRL when you click.
    Use the Middle mouse button to click.

Both open the link in a new tab.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Make the 'Back' button your friend.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure that the middle mouse button only works on firefox, but I don't have a new version of IE so not sure if they updated that. But yes, I always use middle mouse button to open new windows.

There is a switch in the admin CP where you can make a left click open a new tab/window, which is why a lot of other forums are like that, but it is up to Sammy on that point.

5. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Since the OP has left our site I guess I don't need to address this one anymore. :p

6. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

I am still using IE7 (I need it to compare the differences between browsers for web dev) and you can middle mouse click. I am not sure what version it was brought in. Perhaps it was this one? Middle mouse is a handy thing to know. Its right up there with Alt-F2 to rename stuff. You would be amazed how many people go through life not knowing that and waiting for the text to highlight after clicking or double clicking a file. ;)