1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Carnousaur and Multiple Wounds D3

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by johho, Sep 7, 2014.

1. johho
    Skink

johho New Member

Hi!

I have a question about this. Say that I will charge into something like chaos warriors where the models only have 1 wound each. Does this special rule dont aply then? Or will I still role my D3 and there will be dead chaos warriors all over the place?

2. LawGnome
    Chameleon Skink

LawGnome Active Member

You can only do the max number of woulds to a model per attack. So against a one wound model, each unsaved wound you cause will only kill one model.

Against multiple wound models, such as ogres, you can only do a max of their total wounds per model. So if you are playing with a cannon, it doesn't matter if you roll a six, you only deal the 3 wounds needed to kill the ogre.

There is a fun little side effect to this rule, though: when you are attacking rank and file, you are attacking the unit, not any particular model. This means that all of your wounds count when attacking with a carnosaur. If you wound three times and deal 2 wounds with each attack, you actually kill 2 ogres, despite the fact that each ogre can take 3 wounds. You did six wounds total to the unit, and none of those multiple wounds attacks exceeded an ogres max wounds.

3. johho
    Skink

johho New Member

Thanks for the info.