1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Carnosaur vs Alpha Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Gary_M, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Simple (?) question, is the Alpha Carnosaur worth the extra points cost?

2. Zwuppie
    Razordon

Zwuppie Member

In my opinion, a normal carnosaur is with the 9th age rules too weak.. An alpha carnosaur which you can give a wardsave with a talisman on your warlord is much more vulnerable and 6 wounds with toughness 6 is simply amazing

Warden likes this.
  3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@Zwuppie did you mean 'valuable' rather than 'vulnerable' for the Alpha Carnosaur?

4. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Or "less vulnerable"?

I haven't played with a Carno in a long time, so I'm afraid all I've got is theoryhammer.
    The consensus seems to be (for now, anyways) that neither the Carno nor the A+ Carno is a "great" choice; Raptors are superior. However. I think that the Carnosaur, given its combined profile, has potential to combine with a Veteran for a strong support unit. The Alpha Carnosaur has so much potential (5 Attacks, S7, Multiple Wounds?!), but is too easy to kill - so if you can get it into the right matchups (monsters) it should do well. But it's too expensive to be a "support unit". If you're going to field it, you'd better have a plan and know that it's going to be able to get into matchups where it will deal a whole lot of damage.

Warden likes this.