1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Cannons Firing Where There Are Intervening Troops...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gary_M, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Simple question, can they do this?

Two situations:

1. All troops on same level (ie no hills etc) Cannon is behind intervening troops, shoots at my lizardmen (how very dare they!).

2. Cannon on a hill, but its friendly troops and my Lizardmen are lower.

My view is that in Example 1, the cannon cannot fire
    In example 2, I'm not sure. I know of historical rule sets which allow overhead fire depending on how close you to/from the cannon/target, but not sure WFB allows for this.

Would welcome the views of my wiser cold bloods on the forum please.

Thanks.

2. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Hello,

this is really entirely dependant on the line of sight rules you and your opponent are using. According to the rulebook you should use the "true line of sight" which might allow you to shoot through the intervening unit if the spot fired is visible.

Then for example the "simple line of sight" used in ETC environment allows you to shoot through the units, you would just receive hard cover penalty which is ofcourse not applied to cannons.

To continue on the ETC line of sight they used to have these so called levels or tiers which determined on whether you could see over something or not.

So to summarize it depends on what ruleset you are using.

BR
    Agrem