1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend a good online retailer?

Discussion in 'Trading Forum' started by Tarendal, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Tarendal
    Skink

Tarendal New Member

I'm looking to pick up some models at a discount, but want to make sure I'm dealing with a reputable company. I'm in California, but anywhere in the states would be good. Looking for reliability, low cost, free or low shipping.

Thanks!

2. Wargamer
    Skink

Wargamer New Member

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I don't know what their deal with 'no internet orders' is... Haven't heard that as a GW policy before, every other site allows internet orders.

Anyway, Maelstrom Games is the best I have found. They are based in the UK, but UK is generally the cheapest place to get Warhammer anyway, they will ship worldwide for free, they've got a customer loyalty rewards scheme (I recently got 10 pounds of free stuff!) and take further discounts off larger orders, discount is 10-15% off RRP UK prices.
    Only problem is in the last year or so, they have been taking a while to dispatch orders, even when the stuff is in stock. People have waited up to a week or two before stuff gets sent, but that doesn't bother me for the price I get, never had an order go bad.

4. Wargamer
    Skink

Wargamer New Member

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2619.html

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

So it pretty much just means online stores can't use the photos posted on the GW website on their own, and must take their own photos of products, right? Still see no problem taking net orders rather than phone orders... Go to GW website, look at pretty pictures, decide what you want, go to cheap retail store with low quality pictures, buy cheap.

6. Tarendal
    Skink

Tarendal New Member

Thanks for the tips. Emailed one for a price list, am waiting to hear back from them.

7. jfoster
    Skink

jfoster New Member

I recently picked up a oldblood for £4.95, a skink priest for £4.45 and a razordon £9.50 on www.littlemetalmen.co.uk, seems to be fairly hit and miss and not a great selection of stock but very hard to beat on price.

www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk - Great site, would recommend
    www.totalwargamer.co.uk - Havent orderd from them yet but some of the cheapest prices Ive come across, intend to place next order with these guys

8. jfoster
    Skink

jfoster New Member

www.waylandgames.co.uk Also a great website, stock extensive range of GW products at a good discount as well as a wide range of other prodcuts and hobby supplies

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

eBay. :mad: