1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Campaign Idea - AoS Vs Settlers of Catan

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Mark Sinosich, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

Age of Sigmar vs Settlers of Catan

My friends and I have been tossing around ideas for our own campaign for a while (Firestorm, no thanks) when the idea popped up to play a game of Settlers of Catan with the added player round of Attacking a neighbouring road/settlement/city and playing a battle to determine the outcome.

The result was this little document to help describe some rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...knDnWqvmNc9QFmOCY/edit#heading=h.a3z3nbacwp50

The goal is to get everyone to play AoS more often, have a longer term goal in mind and build some grudges, maintain balanced 2k army play, not have someone get so far ahead they cant be beaten cause they have so many buffs/land/etc, not have someone get smashed and not be able to make a come back or even take part in playing!

Hope you like it, please feel free to comment on suggestions or issues that you can see. We are still discussing it and seeing if its a good idea or not... and if it will be fun or just get in the way of playing!

Captaniser and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Interesting idea...
    I have never played Catan but I like the crossover idea.

Captaniser and Mark Sinosich like this.
  3. Gradeaal
    Skink

Gradeaal Member

This seems really cool! Sort of like total war as a series of board games.

Mark Sinosich and Captaniser like this.
  4. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting. I'm not a huge fan of Settlers of Catan, although this version deals with one of the major issues I have with it, i.e. the lack of a place in the game for smiting your enemies. If you can get your hands on a copy, the old Generals Handbook for Warhammer Fantasy is a great source of ideas for campaigns.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Have a look at Blood in the Badlands for a different type of campaign with different rules for Firestorm. The book has all the rules for a Warhammer Fantasy campaign in it and some of the GW staff at HQ play an example campaign to show you how the rules work - you could easily adapt these rules for AoS - in fact I don't think you really need to change much of the ruleset at all for AoS. However, GW don't print it anymore so you'll have to find a copy on eBay or Amazon or a PDF format.

6. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Sounds like those 4x games, like Civilization. The ones with the open map where you walk around and eXplore, find resources to eXploit, find enemies to eXterminate, and try to eXpand your territory. Those always have a fun little battle system, so it sounds like by marrying AoS and Settlers you basically made those 4x games on a board game.

Pretty good idea. Civilization and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, etc, are really fun games!