1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Board down?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by strewart, Apr 2, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

This morning when I tried to come here, I got an error message saying the board was down and to contact the admin, something about Q tables not adding up or similar. Well I didn't contact the admin, and this is now the second time it has happened. However, when I log on this afternoon with it working, it seems there are some posts missing. I distinctly remember 2-3 replies to the Oxyotl thread in the painting forum, but it now shows no replies. That is the only one I noticed, I am sure there are gaps elsewhere, I don't know if any of my posts have disappeared.

Just wondering, Sammy do you know what is going on?

Edit: Several posts from the naval battles thread gone too. I'm guessing a lot from last night (~ 15-20 hours from the time of this post) have been lost.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

One of our database tables crashed. I couldn't repair them so had to restore from last night's backup (which is why we lost some posts)

I'm sorry for this, I'm going to have a chat with the host to see if there's anything I can do to reduce the chance of it happening again

3. strewart
    OldBlood

Ah ok. I have only noticed it happening twice in the last 2-3 months, so it isn't very often. Oh well.

4. Grifthin
    Saurus

Grifthin New Member

eneral Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Happened 4 times today.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

Hmm I didn't get any trouble today, but it definitely happened for 10 hours or so again a couple of days ago..

6. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I will try updating the board software :)