1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Bloodclaw Batallion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Seraphage, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

so there I was the other day, discussing with one of the most experienced - and awesome - guys I 've ever met on Warhammer (16 years, has 6 armies, won multiple tournamets and he paints so well that makes me wanna cry :p ) about how I want to play, what list should I build and what army to build on.

One of the first general commments, about what to NOT do, he made was
    "For example do NOT choose a tactic / batallion that is based on a single unit because it is one of the easiest to be destroyed, as all the experienced players would instantly focus down that target and end up decreasing your power harshly with little effort" and the first thing that came to my mind was Bloodclaw batallion.

Could the players that are using it / have used it in the past, share their opinion with us ?

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would say that is good advice.
    Bloodclaw, while the other command abilities are great, you don't need the oldblood for the extra bite attacks. It's a great build even without the batallion. That being said it's not easy to kill the oldblood on Carno, which is how I almost always build it. If you have a scar-vet on carno in there, make him the target instead of the oldblood. Seraphon is a great army for the amount of support units. Or use other order units, such as hurricanum or battlemage.

In bigger games I like a bloodclaw and a shadowstrike.

Joshua Horchler and Seraphage like this.
  3. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I would also remind you that you don't have to make your Oldblood from the formation your general. If you go heavy heroes you can lessen the hurt of losing your Oldblood by taking a seperate general. I mean there is always counterplay to things like this. If your opponent values your Oldblood and wants to kill it, make it difficult for him or her to do so. Make sure they have to dedicate a lot of resources and think about ways to respond. Everything dies in AoS, but it doesn't mean you can't have back up plans. This is why deployment and the first few rounds of movement are so important.

That being said, if your putting all your eggs into the Bloodclaw and an Oldblood basket, you might struggle. If your running a large hero list you can always bring two Oldbloods. Screening units and deployment tricks are super good in AoS and can help you combat your opponents alpha strikes and assassinations.

Bowser likes this.