1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Best Monsters for Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by laribold, Mar 23, 2015.

1. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

I recently played a game at the club where we decided to use the Storm of Magic Monsters. We decided to go for 2000pt lists and 500pts on Monsters.
    Now I know we have decent access to Monsters already, but I tend to like to run an infantry list. Based on the painted models I had available I went for a Cockatrice (not much use vs High Elves) and a Young Magma Dragon. My opponent took a Giant and an Arcane Phoenix.

First of all I'd heartily recommend people play something like this! Having a bunch of big monsters on the table was a LOT of fun, but I then thought it might be fun to have a chat about what Monsters people think would be good to take alongside Lizardmen. Having a flying Monster was A-MAZING. It just opened up a whole world of possibilities to back up my foot/claw slogging troops. Loved it and would happily run one everytime if I could...

Closest we can get is a Shadow Slann casting Steed of Shadows on a Scarnosaur Vet, but I don't think I'd want to risk that.

So, anyone else have any experience of added Monster fun and if so, what did you take and why?

2. DonCheadle
    Skink

DonCheadle New Member

Carmine Dragon is super-crazy. Like, pretty much bonkers. As is the Magma Dragon, although both carry the slight risk of casting with IF and then dying.

I'm personally also a fan of the Basilisk, although I'm realizing I'm only giving you FW examples right now.

For 500 points, I cannot imagine why anyone would bring something other than a Great War Mammoth, but I reckon it depends on whether or not your meta is saturated with cannons.

Otherwise you probably wne tthe right way, flying monsters is where it's at.

3. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

If it's monsters vs monsters you just can't beat giants. They are great monster killers